We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe Hotels

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fargo, North Dakota
2 posts
Save Topic
Safe Hotels

We will be driving from Frisco, Texas back up to North Dakota in January. We want to make a pit stop in Oklahoma City along the way but aren't sure which hotels are the safest and closest to I-35. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe Hotels

Since you specified closest to I-35, I would ask about hotels along I-35 in Edmond, Moore and Norman.

But in reality, the downtown/Bricktown hotels are reasonably close to I-35, but may be a little high.

Were you planning on just an overnight stop or spending some time?

Edited: 6:01 pm, December 26, 2013
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
60 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe Hotels

On I-35 I would suggest the Hampton Inn on 2nd st. in Edmond. Edmond is a suburb of OKC. Nice area and has easy access to I-35 and shopping and dining options for all budgets.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
60 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe Hotels

On I-35 I would suggest the Hampton Inn on 2nd st. in Edmond. Edmond is a suburb of OKC. Nice area and has easy access to I-35 and shopping and dining options for all budgets.

Fargo, North Dakota
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe Hotels

We will just be needing a place to stay and sleep and then get back on the road in the morning. I just don't know anything about this area and am worried about crime. (I'm from North Dakota where there's really no crime)

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe Hotels

Jason's suggestion of the Edmond Hampton Inn is a good choice if you're just looking for a place to sleep.

Edited: 7:12 pm, December 27, 2013
6. Re: Safe Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 29, 2014