We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bricktown Nightlife

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tonkawa, Oklahoma...
1 post
Save Topic
Bricktown Nightlife

What are some good lounges for an after a Redhawks game adult beverage for a late 50's couple? We've seen some of the bars near the ballpark and they look interesting (Purple Bar and Skyybar). Kind-of looking for good martinis, slow music, and room to dance. Anything like that close to the ballpark or hotels?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
170 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

If Maker's is still open in Bricktown that could be a nice choice. Jazz band, cigar bar (so beware of that), but a fun place. Purple Bar would be far more enjoyable for you than Skyybar. There's a place I haven't been to yet, but it's right on the canal and it's called Norm's Dockside Bar. If you venture out of downtown/bricktown area, there's a lounge called Junior's that isn't far from downtown that usually has live music and space to dance, even if it's around people sitting in chairs (another cigar bar though). A lot of this will depend on if you're coming on a weekend or weekday. After 10 during the week (even after Thunder games), downtown basically shuts down save a couple of bars (Wormy Dog, TapWerks - neither really fit your criteria). Weekends are a bit different and you can just go up and down Sheridan and the canal and have a TON of options. Mojo's Blues Bar (never been but based on a description I read could work for you: 1 E. California Ave.

Live music indoors & outdoors under the stars every weekend. Relax and enjoy Great BBQ, fun, food, drinks and games!)

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
393 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

Makers is not open anymore. One place you might try is Capt. Norms on the canal. Just a block from the ballpark and in my opinion, the most enjoyable bar in Bricktown. It's an ALL outdoor bar with a tiki bar theme. They make great drinks and offer cigars as well if you're into that. At night they do have some live music.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
170 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

I didn't think Maker's was open anymore but I thought they were going to reopen it, so thanks for the clarification. I rarely go out downtown so I had to google some stuff ;-)

And I have been to Norm's once and it was a nice evening for sure!

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
33 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

Can second the recommendation of Capt. Norm's. I found it fun. Would definitely suggest NOT going to Skyy Bar. By far the worst bar/club I've ever been to and that is saying alot. Totally pretentious and just an overall bad value.

5. Re: Bricktown Nightlife

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 21, 2014