We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bricktown or North OKC?

Oregon City, Oregon
Level Contributor
33 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bricktown or North OKC?

A few questions - We will be traveling w/ our young kids this summer and will be passing thru OKC. First off, is Bricktown a safe area to walk around? Also, how close is the Hampton Inn to the canal boat loading area? Do the boats stop at different locations throughout the canal if you are going to a certain restaurant? Or would it be better to stay further north at the Waterford Marriott? I apologize for all of the questions, just trying to get as much info as I can. Thanks!

Texola, OK
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

I really think your children would prefer staying in Bricktown. There are three Marriott properties there if that is your preference. I have stayed at all three with my kids and they enjoyed the Residence Inn and Courtyard the most.

Edited: 4:08 pm, May 24, 2013
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
60 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

If you Stay Marriott or Waterford (I would still recommend Bricktown) be sure to check out the original Ted's Escondito it is right near there and an OKC favorite.

2836 NW 68th St

Oklahoma City, OK

(405) 848-8337

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
16 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

There are many good options for dining with kids in Bricktown. Fuzzy's Taco Shop is fun and absolutely delicious. Toby Keith's is also fun and has lots of different options. And we like Red Pin Bowling Alley for lunch and early evening with kicked-up bar food like sliders, pizza and mac&cheese. They like to attract the yuppie bar crowd to bowl and drink after 7-8pm. And, of course, there is the Bricktown Sonic next to the headquarters on the canal.

Kevin Durant's new restaurant, KD, may be open by the time you get here.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,438 posts
5,653 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

Oh dear, Kevin Durant is getting into the hospitality business?

Edited: 7:04 pm, July 05, 2013
Texola, OK
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

Yep-- right next door to Toby Keith's!!

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

KD is lending his name and Mom's recipes to the restaurant while holding a large interest in the place. He has also partnered with a local outfit that is known for quality. Whether it all comes together in a successful restaurant is still in the future, but everything being done bodes well.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
210 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

I'd absolutely recommend staying in Bricktown (if you haven't traveled yet). I put a client up at the Waterford and found it severely lacking in style for the price I paid. I've stayed at the Hampton in Bricktown (as a local) and it's a typical Hampton. they also have a nice indoor water park for the kiddos (if I recall correctly). In addition to the water taxis, there's a fountain area that kids seem to like during the hot summer months. it also puts you a trolly ride (or short walk) away from the Myriad Gardens, Boathouse district, OKCMOA, National Memorial and Museum, etc.

18. Re: Bricktown or North OKC?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, July 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Oklahoma City