We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,294 posts
149 reviews
Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

Does anyone know of a reputable kennel or doggie day care to board two small dogs for a day? We'll be visiting a relative in a nursing home and staying at one of the hotels along the NW Expressway near May ( if we can locate one that allows dogs). We'd like to board the dogs for a day so that we can visit, go to meals, etc. but would like to have them with us overnight.

Suggestions appreciated!

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,294 posts
149 reviews
1. Re: Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

The La Quinta looks like our best bet for a hotel, but would still like ideas for boarding our pups.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

I have no experience with them personally, but a co-worker likes the Neel Vet Clinic for boarding his dogs. And they have doggie day care available for as little as $10.25/day.

https:/…i-clients-boarding.html

It's a little out of the way from your general location, but in OKC the drive shouldn't take more than 15 minutes or so. I think it might suit your needs.

Yukon, Ok
Level Contributor
22 posts
35 reviews
3. Re: Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

Missp, I think Hefner road pet resort is about as good as it gets. It's a little more but worth it, and not too far from where you are staying.

By the way I love your part of the world and enjoy your reviews

http://hefnerroadpetresort.com/

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
9,294 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll check these out. I found a website which is sort of like a Craigs list for pet sitters, but I'm a little leery of that, although I'm sure many of the pet sitters would be just fine. But an established business would be the better way to go, I think.

And thanks for the nice comment, bosco! This ol' gal with Oklahoma and New Mexico roots feels very fortunate to have ended up in such a beautiful part of the country.

5. Re: Dog boarding near NW Expr. & May; also dog friendly hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 03, 2013