We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grass fed beef restaurants

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
Grass fed beef restaurants

Where in OKC do you go to eat grass fed beef? I know Nonna's isn't grass fed, unfortunately. I'd like to support restaurants/ranchers making the switch to grass fed beef, but not sure what my options are in OKC.

Thanks

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,052 posts
133 reviews
1. Re: Grass fed beef restaurants

I don't think there are any restaurants that exclusively serve grass fed beef. The Ranch Steakhouse menu says they use locally sourced beef, but then also says they get beef from Chicago, Colorado and Nebraska - from small producers. But they never claim it's grass fed.

The only place I know for sure that serves grass fed local beef is the Meers Store in Meers Oklahoma - about 1.5 hours SW of OKC. They raise their own longhorn cattle, but I'm not sure all of their meat is locally sourced or comes from their own herd - other than the Meers Burger.

Even Cattleman's claims corn fed beef on their website.

Edited: 8:17 am, August 07, 2012
Elkins, West...
Level Contributor
359 posts
73 reviews
2. Re: Grass fed beef restaurants

You might want to check out Local in Norman, which uses local ingredients as much as possible. Their menu varies by season, so they might have grass-fed beef some times but not others. http://eatatlocal.com/

Edmond, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
17 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Grass fed beef restaurants

I have had grass-fed beef at The Ranch Steakhouse, northwest OKC. It isn't listed on the menu; you either have to ask for it or the server will mention it along with Kobe beef, etc.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
4. Re: Grass fed beef restaurants

Ended up trying Meers restaurant where they feature they own herd of longhorn cattle on the menu. I'm not really a burger fan, but it was pretty tasty. Although not at all close to OKC.

Also found that Tucker's uses grass fed beef in their burgers, so that's another option. Limited menu, but I love what they are trying to do.check it out if you haven't been yet.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
178 reviews
5. Re: Grass fed beef restaurants

Thanks for the update about Tucker's. I'll check it out when we visit.

6. Re: Grass fed beef restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 am, December 17, 2013