We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Street Food

Which Oklahoma City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mexican Street Food

Greetings from Washington,D.C.,

Living in the shadows of the Nation's Capital and maintaining my sunny Oklahoma disposition requires a few things from home. Most essential is the warmth of the native Oklahomans that is always found upon my return! (Thanks,so very much!). Another source of heat is spicy food, I usually diet at home and give into cravings only during vacation. We do have some very highly rated Mexican taco stands in D.C. but I try to avoid having anything irresistible located just around the corner. The reviews indicate that Big Truck Tacos are the best and I do plan to sample their offerings while in OKC. But I would really appreciate a recommendation for a non-gourmet street taco, you know the kind that memories of Montezuma made you pass by on a visit to beautiful Mexico. I also desire the street corn that galans and protagonistas share while strolling around the DF in Mexico City. Okay, way too many telenovellas for me, but I would sincerely appreciate your input regarding the tacos and corn. As far as authenticity is concerned grasshoppers and tongue are a bit out there for me. Thank you for your input an I look very forward to being around the most gracious,real and incredible people in the world. Okies Are The Best!

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
76 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Street Food

I agree Big Truck Tacos (|BTT) is amazing and worth your time; not sure what is best beyond that.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Street Food

mykapone:

Hi, thanks for the additional vote for Big Truck. It sounds extra minutes on the treadmill worthy. I appreciate your time and input!

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
105 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Street Food

BIg Truck is good -- we eat there a lot and have even had them cater for us and they are fantastic plus they have good breakfast as well.

Also there are some street vendors Southside -- SW 29th East of Western toward Harvey. There are also some great meat markets over there if you want to fix your own!!

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican Street Food

Hi, okatty !

Thanks for your reply and yet another recommendation for Big Truck, a must I take it! The Southside excursion sounds fun as well. Your suggestion to pick some things up at the market might be the most enjoyable...cooking at home with mom!

I appreciate your advice and taking the time to share it with me.

Have a great weekend.

Felecia

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Mexican Street Food

I love my home state but this latest trip back was an exercise in the most efficient way to distribute pounds of flesh to every corner of the state. It is nice to be popular but sometimes it's fun to enjoy your hometown. I suppose and hope and pray that my next visit will include a meal at Big Truck Tacos. I looked forward to those tacos for months but there wasn't quite enough time.

Thank You for the positive reviews of BTT, I will steadfastly continue to look forward to those tacos during my next visit. Since the pounds of flesh quota has been met a few tacos shouldn't wreck my waistline.

I appreciate everyones advice and look forward to adding my review of Big Truck Tacos.

6. Re: Mexican Street Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, October 23, 2012