We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

Boston...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

I will be visiting Norman in August. Is anyone able to tell me approximately how much a taxi from Will Rogers Airport to Norman would cost? We are staying at the NCED Conference Center. There is a shuttle bus that costs $50 round trip, but there are a number of us traveling together, who could share a cab (which may be cheaper).

Many thanks,

Allison

Mentioned in this post
Will Rogers Airport
Will Rogers Airport
Oklahoma City, OK
Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

The cab fare will be similar. I am not exactly sure what the current rate is, but the last rate I remember (from about a year ago) would make the cost to Norman from Will Rogers around $40-50 plus tip. Also, I don't know that they wouldn't charge an out of town fee.

I would call a couple of the cab companies in town and ask them for the best information. You can find them in the online yellow pages.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
267 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

You weren't specific about the bus, but Airport Express @ Will Roger's shows a rate of $44 to deliver from KOKC to Norman NCED.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
2,028 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

This is after the fact since the OP's post was about an August visit, but for others needing an idea:

Cab fare in OKC is now $2.75 for the first 1/8 mile and $0.25 for each additional 1/8 mile.

They may also charge extra for additional people and bags.

So from Will Rogers to the NCED Center in Norman, at about 27 miles, will be approximately $57 plus tip.

Downtown Norman at about 21 miles would be around $45 plus tip.

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

you can call airport taxi at 405-593-1250 . we charge to anywhere in Norman $40.00. No charge for extra passanger . Bags. No charge for waiting time. We can pick up up to 6 customers for a flat rate of $40.00. Then most people just share it.

We are still a taxi but charge way less then a shuttle.

WWW.oklahomacheapairporttaxi.com

5. Re: OKC Airport to Norman by Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 06, 2011