We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Azalea Festival

Which Muskogee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Azalea Festival

can anyone recommend a "must go to" restaurant in Muskogee? Will just be there for the day with hubby and our two girls ages 10 and 11.

nowhere
Level Contributor
276 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Azalea Festival

How about Miss Addie's Tea Room? My father swears by it, though I've never been there myself.

Oklahoma City
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Azalea Festival

Thanks Radio. We just walked in the door from our day in Muskogee. Got a tip from Southern Living Mag. and had lunch at Smoke House Bob's. The food was fab and the workers were so nice. They even had a TV with an African-American preacher screaming a sermon while we ate. hehe

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
4,834 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Azalea Festival

Try Jaspers....excellent dining experience and the bar serves good drinks! They are open for dinner nightly, and serve excellent food.

Also, a favorite of my daughter's, and right across from the mall, is Little Italy.

Oklahoma
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Azalea Festival

Muskogee has several really good restaurants. If you like barbeque...try Maylon's BBQ, Cowboy's BBQ, My Place BBQ or Runts. Maylon's and Cowboy's are my favorites. But some locals would never eat BBQ anywhere but My Place or Runts. My Place has been in Muskogee the longest. If you like chili dogs go to Chet's. Their chili cheese dogs are addictive. Most people eat at least two and they make really good milk shakes too. Chet's and My Place have been here since the 50's. If you want to have a real Okie experience, go to Okie's and have an Okie Mash. They have homemade strawberry ice cream in the summer. If you want a nice evening meal go to Miss Addie's. Harmony House is a wonderful place to have lunch. They have a daily lunch special and really good cookies. Hamlin's is a local favorite for Mexican food but our local El Chico's is really good too. Both serve an addictive white sauce dip with their chips. We have two really good Italian restaurants...Napoli's and Johnny V's. If you like fried chicken go to Charlie's and have their chicken nuggets which are great for picnics in the park. Muskogee has all the regular chains...Chili's, Applebee's, Rib Crib, Kentucky Fried Chicken, IHOP, Braum's, McDonald's, Taco Bell, Taco Bueno, El Chico, Golden Corral, Western Sizzlin, Sonic, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Mazzio's, Pizza Inn, Long John's, etc...

oklahoma
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Azalea Festival

I was born and raised in Oklahoma for 65 years and have spent some of that time visiting Muskogee and never have I heard mention of Oklahoma Mash. What in heaven's name is it? Why have I never heard of it? Is it a secret?

6. Re: Azalea Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:21 am, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Muskogee
Recent Conversations