We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

I have just signed on to be the destination expert for the Grove/Grand Lake area. Having lived in and around this area all my life, if I don't know the answer to your questions, I am certain I can find someone who does. Please feel free to PM me as well as post here on the public forum. Looking forward to making some new friends and introducing everyone to my beautiful, pocket-sized town on the lake.

By the way, my avitar (picture below my screen name) is of one of the lovely sunrises over Grand Lake I see every morning out my living room window. Ahhhhh...

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Hi Bips, it's nice to meet you. We've been to the Grove/Grand Lake area and it's beautiful. You are so fortunate to be living there. I do have a question.

I saw another post of yours that said something about the new resort. Did they now get the funding to build it? Will they be building the condos and everything that they'd originally planned? If so, how is the progress on it? I'd be interested in hearing anything about it that you can offer.

Thank you.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

So happy you enjoy our little corner of the world and hope you come back soon!

Another poster mentioned Shangri La to someone looking for accommodations on Grand Lake. They then realized it was no longer open and told the poster that. I gave them some alternatives. They have torn the original lakefront hotel down and have been building condos on and around the site. To my knowledge, they are not going to rebuild the hotel. If I hear something new, I'll let you know.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Thank you so much for the info. We actually thought it looked like a nice area for semi-retirement. It's definitely not marketed enough, but that might be a good thing. We just kind of stumbled on to it during our travels and thought it was one of the most wonder places we'd visited.

It is definitely a place that we'd like to return to and spend some time in. Thanks again.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

I'm sorry. I meant it is one of the most "wonderful" places we'd visited. Guess I should proofread before I post.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Yes, Misty, thankfully our lifestyle here on Grand is not well marketed. We want to keep this little gem to ourselves : )...although having new people like yourself who truly "get" this area would be welcomed.

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Well, thank you. You seem to fit the perception we got of the people we met in our brief stay there. They seemed warm and welcoming.

But how is it actually living there? I guess what I'm asking is if the people are genuinely nice or if it's reserved for brief encounters. What is the atmostphere like~Midwestern, Southern, mixed? Are they generally accepting of newcomers?

One thing I remember so well is the cute little flower garden there. Something that stuck out for us was the fact that it was a free-will offering, so to speak. It reminded us of home because it seemed like people might be trusting and still have faith in others.

Again, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

It is a wonderful place to live. The only people who seem to have trouble adjusting to our laid back lifestyle are those from the largest metropolitan cities who are used to a gazillion restaurants and entertainment opportunities.

The hospility you felt is real. We don't know what a stranger is! The garden is Lyndonwood Gardens and IS special!

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Thank you so much. You're a wonderful advocate for a very nice area. And we hope to visit there soon. Thanks again.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,044 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Let me know the next time you'll be here. I'll let you know all the latest on what's going on.

oklahoma
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Welcome to the Grove (Grand Lake) forum!

Husband and wife, mid-50's - suggestions for lodging, preferrably a lakefront cabin?

Get answers to your questions about Grove
More Grove Topics