We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants near zoo?

Which Toledo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
SE Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants near zoo?

We live in SE Michigan and go to the Zoo a couple of times a year, and we'd like some recommendations for nearby restaurants where we could eat dinner. We head back home north on US-23, so it would be most convenient if the restaurants were along that route, but honestly, we just want to find something interesting.

(I'm relatively new to tripadvisor and can't figure out how to search toledo restaurants close to zoo. when i read the zoo entry, it offers me a list of hotels near the zoo, but i don't need hotel info, i need restaurant info! so thanks in advance for any recommendations...)

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants near zoo?

There are many restaurants between the zoo and SE Michigan going up 23. Are they good? Most are the usual. On 23 just your side of Maumee, OH there are a couple of decent places. Abeula's(Mexican and people claim the food is excellent, I haven't been there) and Carrabba's (Italian and lip smacking). You would reach both by exiting 23 at Salisbury Road.

A place that I just found is called the San Francisco Oven. The pizza and paninni are divine. You'll find this place by exiting 23 at Central Avenue in Sylvania, OH, turn left and it is on your left, between McCord and King Roads and across from the Meijer store. There a great ice cream place right next door too.

Of course there are the restaurants on the Dock on the east side of the Maumee River in downtown Toledo. You would just take the Anthony Wayne Trail to the downtown, cross the bridge over the river and the row of restaurants are set back off the road a bit on the right. Several to choose from and each with a theme, Zia's- Italian, Tango's-Mexican, The Oasis- Mediterrean, The Navy Bistro-a bistro/wine bar and The Real Seafood- obviously, seafood. I think they all have outdoor seating so you can enjoy the river view.

By the way, did you know about our art museum? One of our country's best!

SE Michigan
Level Contributor
68 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants near zoo?

Thanks, dreamin. Since my initial question I discovered I could search for "restaurants near Toledo Zoo" at the big-G map site, but all the closest hits were bars. So I appreciate having some recommendations! Abuela's and San Francisco Oven would both appeal to our family.

We do know about the art museum, we just don't have as many opportunities to visit there...

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants near zoo?

I ate at the San Francisco Oven for lunch today and realized I gave bad information about its location. Everthing I stated in my previous post stands except that it is not across from Meijer's. SFO is acrss the street from Lowe's. Sorry.

4. Re: restaurants near zoo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 07, 2009