We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

day trip

battle creek
1 post
Save Topic
day trip

whats to do on rainy days?

Toledo
Level Contributor
402 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: day trip

Hello Grandmaof5. I am assuming your question is seeking suggestions for things to do with grandkids on a rainy day. Of course that depends to a great degree on the age of the grandkids, but I'll give it my best effort.

The main branch of the Toledo-Lucas County Library is a wonderful place for kids of all ages. They have a special kids section that is outfitted with computers for kids to use, a hugh aquarium and even a real 1950 something Cadillac that kids can climb into the driver's seat (my gradson loves it).

The Toledo Police horse patrol have their stables in the warehouse district. I've taken my grandsons to the stables several times and have always found an Officer that graciouslly hosted our visit and told us about the horses. The Spagetti Warehouse is located in that same area and they have dining tables inside a real old street car which makes lunch a real treat for kids.

COSI, Center for Science & Industry, is a great place to spend an entire day with kids.

Hope this is helpful.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: day trip

And don't forget the Toledo Museum of Art. Kids especially love the mummies and other Egyptian artifacts.

3. Re: day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sylvania
Recent Conversations