We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discount tickets for Waterparks????

Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Discount tickets for Waterparks????

I know several people have posted about what waterpark to go to. We have a 3-year-old, so my husband and I have decided to go to Great Wolf, as it seems to cater to this age better. My question is...I have heard there are ways to get 1/2 off nights etc...one thing I heard was using your Kroger Plus card???!! Does anyone know about this? Or any other way to receive discounts. Right now the only promotion is $169 nights!!! Ouch! Any post would be appreciated! Thanks!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

If you'd consider Castaway Bay you can get $75 off with the Cedar Point coupon book that they mail to you if you ask for it on their web site.

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
8,301 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

ohliz...

What is your opinion on Castaway Bay and Great Wolf? We have never been to any, so any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,537 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

What is your opinion on Castaway Bay and Great Wolf? We have never been to any, so any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

I wanted to respond to this. We are locals who use the waterparks for winter get-a-way weekends.

Castaway bay is Cedar Points biggest mistake. They renovated an old hotel. The rooms are tiny, cramped without a view and dirty. Their indoor waterpark is small. The slides are rough on the body, you can feel every seam in them. Total waste of money in our opinion .

The Great Wolf Lodge is nice. Waterpark is better for the younger ones. Water was nice temperature. My only fault to them is they do not have rooms large enough for a family gathering.

My favorite is The Kalahari. Last year we did a family get together.

Their combination suites for 12 are nice with a full kitchen, large table, living room with a gas fireplace. The waterpark is great when you have little ones thru preteens. Not as warm as the Great Wolf, but I really like to watch the surf pool. It gets entertaining at times!

Their pizza is good, but their restaraunt has lousy food and service. Of course plenty of good restaraunts north of their. Enjoy

Ohio
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

Thank you!!!!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

I've only been to Great Wolf and Kalahari.

K is newer and has a couple of things GW doesn't (surf/boogie board ride and zip coaster), but one thing I liked at GW was that only guests - not day trippers - can use the park so you never have to wait long for a slide.

At K I actually waited 10 minutes in a line to get into the hot tub.

Fowler, MI
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

We have stayed at Great Wolf several times and have loved it. Something for all the kids (ages 12-6) and the rooms are very nice, even if you get a basic Family Suite. You can always get great rates at Great Wolf if you are willing to stay Sun-Thurs. We have never paid more than $169 per night at Great Wolf.

Castaway Bay--well, that is another story. The waterpark was fun, especially loved the wave pool and the hottub. The body slides were painful even for the kids. The rooms are horrid. I am by no means fussy when it comes to rooms, but these are not even the least bit nice. Castaway Bay rooms are small and really only accomadate 4 people so we had to get two rooms which ended up costing us a lot more money that one suite at GW. My youngest loved hanging out with Snoopy in the evenings though!

We are headed to Kalahari on Thursday, the kids have Friday off from school so the Thrusday night stay works greatly to our benefit--to get the same room for Friday the rate was $249!. We got our rooms for $88! I am very impressed with their reservation staff--they were so awesome in accomadating our group--several friends of ours decided to book when they heard how reasonable the rates were. Always ask for their best rate--they will let you know.

I will post a Kahalari review after this weekend

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

My kids had Friday off too...if I'd have known we could have had a room for $88 we'd have gone right up!!

Looking forward to the review....

Ohio
Level Contributor
19 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

Just wanted to chime in on this topic! I also live here in Sandusky. My children are 5 and 4. We really love the Great Wolf Lodge for their age group. However, the food is horrid. If you stay there I would recommend ordering a pizza. The best deals I get are from being on the email list, so you may want to consider registering on their website.

Having said that...Kalahari is okay for that age group. BUT...I have a coupon code good on certain dates and would be happy to share it with you. Code 01058 is good for 11/15-11/17, 11/19-11/22, 11/26-11/30, 12/3-12/7, 12/10-12/15 and 12/17-12/21. This gets you and $88 room!!! This is for a family of 4 (4 wristbands to the waterpark). The code is for employees of Ohio, but they do not require any proof of identification when you get there, just mention the code when booking!!! Hope this is helpful!

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
Central Ohio
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,458 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

Wow, that's cool. My husband actually does, at times, work for the state (OSU).....

Fowler, MI
Level Contributor
22 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Discount tickets for Waterparks????

$88 was the rate we paid. A great deal to say the least! We stayed in a LaQuinta on Friday night and paid more than it cost us to stay at Kalahari.

This place is worth checking out, it is a lot of fun