Just got back from CP (8/18-23). We visited three full days and one Starlight. Here is my take:
1) Complicated story, but we had multiple people staying at different times, so I got just one Platinum Pass for free parking and discounts, then some annual passes and some starlight and some day passes.
2) Did not utilize early entry, but we got FLP three days and it was worth it. Even though people were telling us we didn't need it, I think it was worth the money to not have to stand in line with my (always fighting) twin 7-year-old boys in melting Ohio weather for 45-90 minutes.
Highlights of FLP:
1) Literally walk up for Maverick. The FL goes up a separate way all the way to the turnstiles. Many other rides merge into the regular line about 15 min. before you get on the ride. This includes MF, GK, TTD, etc.
2) The longest wait was about 90 min. during our stay for GK and MF. We never waited more than 15.
3) Even on rides like Cadillac, Dodgem, Snake River Falls, MaXair, etc., the FLP was helpful. Many rides have queues in the blazing hot sun. Skipping the exposure to the heat with FLP was a huge plus.
On our last day, there was hardly anyone at the park (MF had no benefit of FLP one time that we went through), but we still were thankful we had it when we went to Maverick and GK. Bottom line: if it is in your budget, I recommend FLP even if it's not super crowded.
And I am not a beer drinker usually, but absolutely loved Summer Shandy at Last Chance Saloon!