We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cedar Point...Rides to hit up first

Keene, New Hampshire
9 posts
Save Topic
Cedar Point...Rides to hit up first

We will be going next week. Planning on getting the 2 day pass at AAA. , staying at La Quinta. We will not buy the fast past, cause my husband thinks the price is absolutely ridiculous.. so, can someone give me a list of rides to follow in order so we aren't wasting time walking in circles? Just the major roller coasters...we will plan which day based on weather, hopefully Tuesday and Thursday will be good... give us a break to do a boat ride on lake Erie in between. We do not plan on hitting up the water park.. my 14 year old gets grossed out seeing so many people in the same water..

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
272 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cedar Point...Rides to hit up first

Gatekeeper, Maverick and Millennium Force are probably going to be your longest waits and they are spread out from each other. We paid for fast passes and my husband and son went directly to gatekeeper and even with the fast pass it was a 45 minute wait shortly after the park opened on a mid July Sunday. Everything else was about 15 minutes with the fast pass, once it was night time those three were short waits like the other rides as well. If you plan to stay until the park closes without fast passes, those three will probably have a shorter wait of under an hour once people start leaving after 5 or 6 pm. Being that it is August and people are busy school shopping, it may be likely there are shorter waits and especially if you are planning a week day visit.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,649 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cedar Point...Rides to hit up first

Visiting Tuesday and Thursday, you should be able to ride all the coasters... I would suggest downloading a park map and making a plan. https:/…2013_park_map2.pdf (I just realized there are no names on that map... CP is dropping the ball...)

I'll share a somewhat standard plan my friends and I do when we visit during the week: We often park in the back behind Gemini and enter through the gate between Gemini and Magnum. http://goo.gl/maps/VJzM5

When we enter, we typically start the day with Magnum XL200 (1). If we enter as soon as the park opens, we typically can ride Magnum a couple times before other people arrive in the station. We then head to Top Thrill Dragster (2), The Corkscrew (3), then Gemini (4). After these 4 coasters, I'll usually get something to drink and a snack.

After the snack break, we sometimes hit Woodstock Express (5) in Camp Snoopy Land on the way to Frontier Town.

In Frontier Town we ride Maverick (6), Mean Streak (7), and the Mine Ride (8).

We usually then head down Frontier Trail and have another drink and snack along the way to the next coasters, Millennium Force (9) and Mantis (10).

We may break for lunch at this point in time... usually a sandwich at Famous Dave's BBQ. Then after lunch, we would do the train ride and/or the boat ride (RIP Boat Ride).

After a relaxing ride, we would then hit another relaxing ride, Iron Dragon (11), and after that we should be good for more big coasters...

We then head to the midway and hit the coasters that way: Raptor (12), Blue Streak (13), and Wicked Twister (14). I haven't been there this year, but GateKeeper (15) is also in this area.

I've done this on non-busy days minus Gate Keeper, but adding Wild Cat and Disaster Transport and had time left over to eat dinner, then go back and ride more coasters a second, third, forth... time.

Being GateKeeper is a new coaster, it may have long lines even on non-busy days, so if you happen to notice it has a short line, hope on it ;o)

As johnjanetl stated, GateKeeper, Maverick, and Millennium will most likely be the busiest coasters, but Top Thrill and Raptor are also still very popular rides... so keep that in mind too.

Have an awesome trip!

Keene, New Hampshire
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cedar Point...Rides to hit up first

Thank you both! this is the advice I was looking for!

4. Re: Cedar Point...Rides to hit up first

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 10, 2014