We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Into Cleveland?

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
IL.
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Topic
Fly Into Cleveland?

Hi there,

Just wondering if we need to fly into Cleveland, OH, in order to get into Sandusky? I thought I read somewhere that you must fly into Cleveland, then drive about an hour from the airport to get to Sandusky, OH?

Is this correct?

Thanks so much!

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
Level Contributor
12,823 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Into Cleveland?

Sandusky is about the same distance from Cleveland or Toledo, an hour or so drive.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly Into Cleveland?

We fly into Cleveland and drive about an hour whenever we go. It's the closest airport with a reasonable price from our city, St. Louis, MO. It's really not too bad a drive. I guess we were so excited about being there that we checked into our hotel, touched base with out of town realtives, and headed to the park right away. We considered flying into Detroit as we have relatives in the area, but the drive was longer, so we opted for Cleveland and just met our relatives at Cedar Point..

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fly Into Cleveland?

check Toledo as well. both toledo and cleveland airports are about an hours drive from sandusky. there is a small airport in sandusky, but it's not commercial (unless you're wealthy and own your own private jet).

Cleveland
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,228 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fly Into Cleveland?

I would fly into Cleveland, it's probably going to slightly cheaper as it's a bigger/busier airport than Toledo. The drive to Sandusky is an easy one.

5. Re: Fly Into Cleveland?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, August 13, 2009