We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

I'm looking for a hotel near Sandusky that offers free shuttle to/from the park. So far I havent had any luck finding any. or if anyone has any tips on where to stay to save a little money I would much appreciate it! Or would it just be better to stay on property just to avoid having to pay for parking? Thanks

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
487 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

It all depends on how much money you want to spend. You have serveral perks if you stay on property like early entry. But you can stay for as little as $65.00 a night at the Maple Motel on Cleveland Rd. It's around 5 miles or less to CP. I know our area is working on some type of transportation into the park but right now we just do not have it. I hope this helps. jayme@ghostlymanor.com for any other questions.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

I've written to CP many times asking them to have shuttles from Breakers Express and Castaway Bay to the park. This would make them similar to Disney World or Hershey Park, but they haven't done it. Even if you stay at BE, you still have to drive to the park and pay, which is a bummer. If they started their own shuttle, they could open more hotels off property like Disney.

Other hotels can't do it, because the parking booth is at the entrance to the lot. They'd make each shuttle bus pay each time. So you either stay at a hotel inside the gate, or pay.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

Or, you have a driver who has a Platinum pass, with which parking is free. ;)

Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

There are no free shuttles to Cedar Point from any hotel in the area. But if you are worried about the transportation to the park there are some taxis that go to Cedar Point.

A.M./P.M. 24-7 Taxi: 419.202.1367

Dependable Shuttle Service: 419.656.6473

Majestic Transportation, Inc.: 419.357.6713

I am not sure of their rates.

If you want a cheaper hotel, then maybe stay a little away from the park. There are a few hotels in Milan, OH, which are still located on Route 250 or Milan Rd, the main roadway, that are about 10 minutes further than the other hotels. Also, the smaller motels usually have lower rates, but then you might not get the nicest lodging either.

The good thing about staying on Cedar Point's property is that you get an early entry into the park (an hour before it opens), and they sell $34 Cedar Point tickets, which is a great savings, considering the gate fee is $54.99.

You can buy discounted tickets, however, at both Meijer or Discount Drug Mart for $44.99 ($10 off). AAA sells tickets for $43.00 if you are a member.

Also the Lake Erie Shores and Islands Welcome Center in Sandusky has a $10 off coupon in their Travel Planner for the 2-day Ride and Slide ticket which is probably the best deal of all if you want to spend two days at Cedar Point/Soak City (outdoor waterpark). The cost is normally $82.99 for a 2-day ticket.

5. Re: local hotels with shuttles to Cedar Point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 24, 2014