We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer to CP!!

Indiana
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
First timer to CP!!

I will be taking some kids to CP June 18-21.. I was wondering if crowds were fewer during the week as appose to the weekend?

Also, i am having the hardest time finding a "decent" place to stay. The reviews for some of these hotels SCARE me. Can anyone recommend something???

Thanks

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer to CP!!

Crowds depend totally on what's happening, what groups are there...last sunday waas less crowded than yesterday (Monday), so you never know.

I don't stay in hotels there but all the CP official ones look great to me, the Breakers in particular (plus you can walk intothe park from there and are right on the beach too). Castaway Bay has a large indoor waterpark, for the $$ you might do that instead of Soak City, if you were considering that.

If you are spending all 4 days at the park (or even 3) you are best off buying a season pass, they're only $99 (daily admission is $40).

Have fun :)

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,499 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer to CP!!

castaway bay has not had good reviews on here sadly. i'd look at la quinta, decent for the price, and comfort inn or comfort suites on rt 250. the hampton is also nice. avoid the fairfield and days inn. CP hotels have gotten mixed reviews, but i've always found them plesent.

crowds are usually less during the weekdays as well.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
12,998 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer to CP!!

Interesting, I'l lgo read. That is the one of the 3 waterparks we haven't been to, did Great Wolf a couple of years ago and Kalahari just last winter. (liked both)

Maple Valley...
Level Contributor
550 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer to CP!!

We like Sand Castle Suites the best, but we have stayed at Breakers and a cottage in Lighthouse Point also and liked them all. Yes, they are probably a little overpriced, but you are paying for the convenience.

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer to CP!!

If you are looking for something cost worthy without any big time perks, the Holiday Inn right off of Route 2 is perfect. Has a Holidome so the kids can still swim and play and you can relax after a long day at CP.

6. Re: First timer to CP!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 pm, August 13, 2009