We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

Though I haven't been on any of the CP water rides in years, these are a few of my observations through the past few years.

All three are located in Frontier Land.

There are 'drying pods' that can power-dry a family of 4 for $5 for a few minutes.

My husband and two friends went on Shoot the Rapids, then spit the cost for the drying machine. They had to run it twice before they felt really dry. An hour later, the one female and both males were still complaining about dampness in regions that don't dry too quickly.

If it is a hot day and you don't want to wait a long time for Snake River Falls to get wet, there is a bridge folks can stand on right where the raft plunges into a soaking splash. I haven't been on it or been near the bridge for a few years, but as I remember, anyone used to be able to stand on the bridge to get soaked.

Never been on Thunder Canyon. Just too wet for me and never wanted to bother with paying for a body dryer or locker.

However, the body dryers or nearby lockers are ideal if you want to do the water rides inside Cedar Point (separate from Soak City). I've seen many use the body dryers and many have a full change of clothes in their backpacks that they stow away. Restrooms are nearby the water rides and corresponding lockers.

The last time I used a locker was in 2006, key entry and was $5. Now, I saw that you have to go to a kiosk in the center of the lockers, swipe a credit card, and get a code on the receipt. I have no idea how much it costs now.

Just giving somewhat of a 'heads-up.'

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
761 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

Regarding clothing not drying, even in the dryers:

I suggest wearing technical clothing, including underwear and socks. The material drys much faster than standard clothing. I have found this is beneficial on warm days even if not riding water rides do to sweat.

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

I plan on buying disposable ponchos before we go, we went on an open bus tour last month on vacation in D.C. and they had them for free and I wish I would have thought to grab some. Last time we were at Cedar point they were selling them for $5 a piece but I was in my swimsuit because we had ride and slide tickets so didnt care about getting wet. I dont want to get soaked this year in regular clothes, I did that one year and ended up with a huge rash on my inner thighs from wet denim shorts rubbing against them :(

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
501 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

I like to wear my swim suit that day and do soak city too!

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,859 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

johnjanetl, Beware of wet seats if you are relying on ponchos. I still highly recommend technical clothing even if wearing rain gear.

Defiance, OH
Level Contributor
274 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

Thanks, I find it funny that you see people coming off of thunder canyon that look totally dry, and then others that get totally drenched. Its just a total gamble on that ride!

Van Wert
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

The locker kiosks let you choose your own pin code of four numbers. you don't have to use a credit card. we use them *it's like $21 a day for the jumbos up front* they accept cash, but only exact change

7. Re: Water Rides, Full-Body Drying Machines and Lockers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 16, 2014