We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

We were there yesterday. Rules, options and prices have changed.

We were there last year when they first offered the Fast Lane for $55 each.

Now, they have a different set up, higher prices but group discounts.

FAST LANE PASS

$65 each for one to two people, $55 each for 3 people, $50 each for four or more.

Good for all rides with the option EXCEPT Top Thrill Dragster and the new GateKeeper

FAST LANE PLUS PASS

$80 for one or two people. Can't remember the 'discount' for three. $65 each for four or more.

Good for all rides INCLUDING Top Thrill Dragster and the new GateKeeper.

They are available at the front and at gift shops throughout the park if they have the sign and price list outside.

We bought them last year and did not regret it. It was my husband's company's picnic on a Saturday in July - packed to the gills and 92 degrees. We had free tickets so the Fast Past (as we are somehow used to calling it) was worth its weight in gold. The longest we had to wait for anything was about 30 minutes for The Maverick and Top Thrill Dragster when the posted times were at least 90 minutes for the coasters.

This year, I got free tix and we went in the middle of the week before high season. We waited 45 minutes for the GateKeeper at 10:30 am. Not too bad, but it will probably be longer once the high season kicks in. The Fast Lane sign said the wait was 15 min.

We admitted that we got a bit spoiled with the Pass last year. We're both in our early 40s (backs not like they used to be) and Hubby had to be at work by 7am the next day. Carpe diem. We splurged with the Fast Lane Plus.

It did get us on the GateKeeper and Top Thrill Dragster in 15 minutes or under. But, by 4 pm, the GateKeeper's line was only 30 minutes. Again, that's an off day in low season.

Here's what we rode and the time it took with the Fast Lane Plus pass:

All times are based on us getting in the least populated gate. We never waited for the front or back row.

Average times are based on our observations only, based on a Wednesday in early June.

All times are based on us getting in line to the platform gates. Fast Lane holders are slowly weaved into the others by staff at the platform entry before you get to the gates. Some rides like the Millennium Force let you in as far as 'the bridge,' so your wait is almost guaranteed at 15 minutes or more if you want to wait for the front or back car.

Gatekeeper - 15 min (avg time 45 min - 30 min)

Raptor - 10 min (avg 60 - 30)

Millennium Force - 15 min (avg 90 to 30)

Maverick - 5 min (even though it was down for three hours in the morning) (avg 2 hrs -45)

SkyFall - Closed all day (the GIANT swing in Frontier Land)

Gemini - Instant (avg 15-30)

Magnum - 10 min (avg 30)

Top Thrill Dragster - 25 min (avg 90)

Power Tower - Instant on Rocket Up, waited just one ride for Free Fall (avg 15)

We got there at 10:30 and left at 8. We went on the Gatekeeper, Maverick and Millennium three times, Raptor twice and others once with plenty of time to get home at a decent hour for work the next day.

Just observations and experiences.

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

Kristen, you might want to check the cost of staying on Cedar Point property. We always stay there because we like the benefits - free parking, walk to CP (from some of their properties, not all of them), 1 hour early entry to the park, and you can get cheaper CP tickets if you stay on their property, or just buy a package deal that includes the tickets.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
246 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

Thx on feedback/wait times with Fast Pass - we will be visiting from AZ & celebrating my 50th bday end of July... Others have also commented on the benefits of paying the extra $$$

Planning on coughing up too much $$$ staying @ Breakers Express 1st night - so we can check (early) in & purchase 3 day tickets the morning of our stay - this will get us discounted tickets, early entry for 3 days and free parking... Since its high season I think we will also <GASP> cough up the $$ for Fast Pass Plus (at least for one day)... We stay elsewhere in Sandusky the other nights.

Food prices - stupid expensive - we make a point to find the hot dog or brat place for our main meal of the day (at CP) bring some small snacks... Politely ask for water/ice from stands...

Don't like the grind for more $$$ - but what's a coaster addict to do???

Edited: 11:21 pm, June 30, 2013
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
493 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

It sounds like you will enjoy the park for many days. I suggest trying to get to the coasters you love on the early entry. My husband always rides at least 4 before 10 pm.

Sandusky, Ohio
4 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

I also agree that the Fast Lane pass is great to have - especially when one is visiting in the late June through August months as that is when the area is considering it's busiest/most tourists visiting the area.

With this said, not all rides accept the Fast Lane pass so be sure to check out what each pass (the Fast Lane and the Fast Lane Plus) allows you access to. You can find that information via this link: https:/…fast-lane

The passes work on over 20 rides in the Cedar Point Amusement Park (with the Fast Lane Plus allowing the same benefits as the Fast Lane with the added perk of being able to bypass the Maverick and Dragster lines). Please note that Daily Fast Lane access is limited. This keeps the Fast Lane experience from becoming too congest and, therefore, remaining "fast". Be sure to reserve your date by purchasing Fast Lane access online in advance! (Fast Lane not available via mobile devices.)

Destination Expert
for New Orleans
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

We used the Fast Lane pass last year when visiting with our granddaughters, and it was a godsend. We drive 10 - 12 hours to get to CP (depending on traffic), and we need to make the best use of the limited time we have there. The passes are expensive, but it was worth it for us. I had read some complaints before we went, about the passes being too expensive for regular visitors, and therefore it was unfair to them, etc. We were able to afford the passes by passing up an expensive hotel and camping at the CP campground, saving a lot of money on accommodations that we were then able to use for the passes.

We did buy ours in advance on-line, for one day. We then decided that we wanted them on our second day, also,and were able to buy them right at the park. Buying them at the park was preferable, in my opinion, as when we purchased them on-line we had to pay a $5.99 processing fee (I can't remember if this was $5.99 total or per ticket which would have made the fee around $30). Also, I personally wouldn't want to buy them on-line too far in advance as if you happen to get a bad weather day, well, I just wouldn't want to have that much mony invested on a day where the weather was bad and potentially closing some rides. If buying on-line, I would try to wait until a few days in advance to check the weather forecast.

We are going to CP next month and will be getting the passes again!

16. Re: Fast Lane (Fast Pass) Now has TWO Levels and More $$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 30, 2015