We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bride to Cedar Point?

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Bride to Cedar Point?

I have never been to Cedar Point. I just did a mapquest from our hotel to Cedar Point Amusement Park and it appears that there is some distance to travel over water.

I am assuming that there is a bridge to Cedar Point. I have a bit of a fear of bridges - is it high? long? how many lanes? tolls? how long to cross?

Any info on this bridge (if there is one) would be appreciated.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bride to Cedar Point?

There's no bridge, just a causeway-like regular road on the peninsula. Cedar Point is on a peninsula, not an island, but it does have a marina.

There's no toll except for a parking fee in the parking lot. I don't think you pay a parking fee if you're staying at the Breakers, but I don't remember.

The time to get to the parking lot depends upon the time of arrival, with more traffic in the morning around opening. Otherwise, I would guess five minutes at most.

Innisfil, Canada
Level Contributor
540 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bride to Cedar Point?

Thanks Trans! I just let out my sigh of relief! I would have been white knuckling it all the way if I had to cross a bridge!

Thanks again and have a great day!

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
487 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bride to Cedar Point?

Hi Milan,

You have two ways to get into Cedar Point. Once goes down the chausee along the lake and the other is road between two bays of Lake Erie. You do have to go over a tiny bridge that boats will travel under. You won’t even notice it though. It’s a beautiful drive. I am sure you could Google pictures of Cedar Point causeway.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,479 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bride to Cedar Point?

Yep, it's not a bridge per say, but a "causeway." It's a road built on top of giant limestone boulders. It's about a mile long. There is one overpass bridge (as mentioned above) for personal pleasure boats to go under.

5. Re: Bride to Cedar Point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, February 27, 2014