We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newtown Square...
1 post
Save Topic
Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

I am going on a fishing charter and would like to know where I can get a locak restaurant to cook the fish that I catch. If you have a good local place, please let me know.

Thanks.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

Huh. I have never heard of such a thing. My first guess though would be to call New Sandusky Fish Co and see if they would do something like that. Good luck!

Port Clinton, Ohio
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

Just called the new Sandusky Fish Company, and they can clean your fish, but they will not cook your fish, you can order from their menu.

Jolly Roger in Port Clinton will cook your WALLEYE for you after it has been cleaned. But only Walleye. Good luck on your trip!

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

The practice of a local restaurant cooking your days catch is found in the more isolated areas of the Great Lakes - upper Mich,Wisc, and Minn. It's a common practice in those areas.

Check with your charter captain for a recommendation where you're going to fish.

Also, check the local tourist bureau - they should know of a place, if there is one.

Bon Appetite!!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

I wonder if Red Gables would?

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

It is the best when a restaurant will cook your catch! For my son's 11th birthday, we fished in the Turks and Caicos Islands and caught a large quantity of Grouper. We called his favorite restaurant and they welcomed our party (a group of 14 of us). Not only did they prepare the fish to perfection, they offered to buy the surplus from us (we were leaving in two days and we really caught so much fish). Imagine, bringing our fish to a 4 star restaurant, having them prepare it for 14 people then paying us for the for the experience! The best part is the memory created for our son on his birthday! It is a day he will never forget!

Good luck finding such a restaurant in the Sandusky area! Moms

Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

We are going to Turks and Caicos this Spring and are interested in charter fishing and having our catch cooked for us. Would you mind sharing what charter fishing company you used and the name of the restaurant that cooked your catch? Thanks!

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,380 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

Angela A, you're posting in the Sandusky, Ohio forum. You'd be better off finding the T&C forum for help with your question.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

Angela, welcome to TA!

Click on "momstravel" and send her a private message with your question. It's not likely she'll see your post.

Have a great vacation!

Detroit, Michigan...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

Thanks!

10. Re: Sandusky restaurant the cooks fish that you catch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 10, 2014