We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

I am going to Cedar Point next month for the first time. We are trying to plan our trip and I haven't read any concrete information on how many days I will need at the park. I am not interested in the water park, as we have a good one here in our own back yard. I am interested in the roller coasters/thrill rides. I am going to purchase the Fast Lane pass. Can someone with knowledge please help me in telling me how long it will take me to see the park and ride the top rides with the Fast Lane? Thank you in advance!

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Just and FYI. Our friends who went with us on Sat., just texted and told us that the All Wheel Sports - the crew we saw at CP, is going to be on America's Got Talent tonight, nbc, 8-10.

Sandusky, Ohio
11 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Provided the weather is good, one day should be enough. If there is high wind or stormy weather, take Kelly's advice and go in the evening first. Check the weather report before you purchase the fastlane pass. Some rides will not operate in bad weather.

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
246 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Lots of good tips here - we make Cedar Point a THREE DAY excursion - nothing like it in the SW!!! We usually spend a night (or 2) at Breakers Epress - yes, over priced - but has discounted park tickets and EARLY entry.... Early entry = 1 hour shorter lines. Park in back by Breakers entrance - upon entry head to Maverick, then through Frontier town to Millenium and then line up for Top Thrill (TT doesn't open until park opening time)... And then go from there. Sometimes multiday the Ride & Slide tickets are same price as CP only tickets. If its really really hot - well cool off at the water park - then head back & ride roller coasters until close. CP will let u get in lines until close time (some parks will close down the line so the rides stop running @ close time - we depart CP after all the other rides are long closed - Top Thrill is always our last ride). As others have mentioned, there's a projected "how busy will the park be" calendar on CP web site... We're going last week of August this year - local kids will be back in school - shorter park hours - but don't plan to pay extra $$$ for Fast Pass. Have fun at Americas Roller Coast!!!!

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

1.5 days in case the weather is bad.

I go the first day and do all the rides, a thrill ride tour is what I call it.

2nd day, I check out of the hotel, go to the park, do a thrill ride tour (Maverick, MF, Raptor, TTD), drive to the airport (Columbus, CMH), fly home. That's 2 nights at Breaker's Express.

That would give me 2 thrill ride tours, plus everything else. With Fast Lane, you can go on the rides many times. But I'd still plan on 1.5 days in case of weather.

Edited: 2:59 pm, August 15, 2012
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
492 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Before you get a fast pass I would see how busy the park actually is. If you are staying at a Cedar Point property you get in early and should be able to do all the major rides in an hour.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Right, I can detail the Thrill Ride tour I'm talking about.

8am, arrive the Magnum gate. You drive all the way around the park to get here. Walk past the go-karts, and soak-city, under Magnum.. At 8:45am they'll let you in to the Magnum exit area, you'll be stopped at a rope. At 9am they sing the national anthem, and the "Running Of The Bulls" happens.

Most people high tail it to Maverick, a few go to TTD and wait until it opens at 10:00am. After Maverick, get a ride on Millennium Force. High tail it to the front of the park and ride Raptor. You'll see the GP (General Public) waiting behind a rope, they can't get in. Now walk to TTD and get in line, it will be 10am when the park opens to everyone. You'll wait about 30 minutes for your ride on TTD.

In 1.5 hours you will have gone on the best rides the park, now you can continue to the other stuff. If you have FastLane, then you can get re-rides. If you only care about going on these rides once, then you're good. I usually go on all the flat rides after the thrill ride tour.

Next year, this will all change with the addition of Gate Keeper.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
492 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

They have opened up the Top Thrill Dragster at 9 am also. FYI.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Cleveland Hopkins is the closest major airport to CP, less than one hour away.

Plantation Florida
Level Contributor
485 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

It's going to be interesting to see what they do next year regarding the thrill ride tour. I hope they have all 5 rides going for the early crowd. That would be Maverick, MF, Raptor, GK, and TTD.

The thing with TTD is they have to run it with limited people to start, because it has to warm up (or they have rollbacks). So if you get in line for TTD, you're going to be waiting. But that's good to hear they open it early, because in the past it opened at 10am and took half an hour before they had full trains running.

Sweden
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

I´m going to Cedar point in october (10/12)

At cedar points website it says that the fast lane passes can be sold out.

Is that really so?

Do I have to buy a "fast lane pass" in advance to be sure to get one?

Is it refundable (if the weather is bad)?

// Oskar from Sweden