We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Topic
How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

I am going to Cedar Point next month for the first time. We are trying to plan our trip and I haven't read any concrete information on how many days I will need at the park. I am not interested in the water park, as we have a good one here in our own back yard. I am interested in the roller coasters/thrill rides. I am going to purchase the Fast Lane pass. Can someone with knowledge please help me in telling me how long it will take me to see the park and ride the top rides with the Fast Lane? Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
765 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,878 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Previous years, I have been able to do all the rollercoasters in one day... (even on weekends)... This takes into account being there from open to close, and it is not a halloweekend.

If you want to relax and enjoy your day(s), 2 days is enough...

Again, I have not been there since they started using fastpass...

chicago, il
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Haven't used the fastpass, but have visited in early June (before all the school's let out), when the crowds were not overwhelming. Using the fastpass, I think you can do the whole thing in 1 day. However, I would strongly recommend taking advantage of "twilight" entry rates and add an extra half day. I can't remember the specific rates/times but it is on their website. We arrived late afternoon the first day and using the Twilight rates- spent the evening at the park. It was great. Not only were we able to hit some of the big rides (ie, Millenium) we also got on some there were not at the top of our list (and if we thought "eh" we didn't waste time on them during the daytime the next day).

It really made the next day (which was a full one) enjoyable, as we already knew the park layout, and had already ridden many of the rides-so we could just concentrate on what we knew we wanted to do.

Have a great trip,

Kelly

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
503 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

I think Kelly1119's plan sounds really good.

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

I think Kelly has an excellent plan! Thanks do much for all the feedback and advice!

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
1 post
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

I as at cedar point using fast lane this summer.

One day is sufficient to ride all the thrill rides at least once and some times multiple times. I was at cedar point two days and on the second day I spent more leisurely riding ones that do not need or do not accept fastlane.

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Kelly and Bram have it right. A day and a half to two - depending on how much you like or want to go on the rides, and, the days you choose to visit.

Living around the Cleveland/ Akron area, I've been going to CP since the 70's. My husband and I went with another couple (late 30's/early 40's) just yesterday, with the Fast Lane pass, and we all agreed it was THE BEST time at the park we've ever spent, due to the Fast Lane.

In the height of the summer season on a Saturday, the Fast Lane was worth every penny. We went last last year on a Sat. in August (both times for hubby's company picnic).

Last year, before the Fast Lane, we got to the park at opening at 10am. We shuffled to get on the Top Thrill Dragster. We waited an hour and 45 minutes (the average time to wait for a ride on weekends in peak season is about 90min to two hours), then it broke down. We were almost in the kiosk to board the ride. We waited about another 20 minutes. However, we had to get out of line because our lunch with his company was at noon to One. After lunch, we stood in line for the closest ride - the SkyHawk. Another 45 minutes. So, the first ride we went on wasn't until @ 2pm! We were able to ride our 4 favorite coasters by the end of the day, plus two of our second-faves, but it took all day, and all night to finally get on the ones we wanted.

With the Fast Lane, we got there at 10:30, and rode three coasters by noon.

Last night, the park closed at midnight. We were all prepared to stay that late, or later (as long as you get in line by 'closing,' they will let you ride).

We wound up leaving at 9, because we rode everything that we wanted to ride, and rode our Top Three favorite coasters twice. We also had enough time to ride other rides we haven't been on in years, due to all of the waiting for our faves.

We also had enough time to see the Extreme Wheels show. I never had enough time to see a show. If you or your family is into X-Games stuff, it's a nice show with some X Games Gold Medalists. The show is short (20 min), but cool! And, the gold medalists and other highly talented performers (synchonized trampolinists) stay on stage after the show to meet with the audience. There's also a Snoopy Ice Show, which I heard the kids just love.

To sum up, definitely get the Fast Lane at least for one day, and suck the life out of it! Then, consider getting a regular full day ticket or the Twilight pass for half a day. Or, do the opposite - survey everything on your first full or half day, then get the Fast Lane.

The longest we had to wait with the Fast Lane was 30 minutes for Milennium, Top Thrill, and Maverick. 20 minutes for the Raptor.

Oh, if you go on the Raptor, wait the extra 5-10 minutes for the front row. You won't be sorry. Because of it's necessary structure, one's view is blocked if you ride behind.

Also, on rides like the Maverick and Mantis, there are signs that tell you to take off earrings. LISTEN TO THOSE SIGNS. I'd even say the same thing on the Raptor or the Corkscrew, or any ride where there is a "U" shaped harness. And, take off your glasses or sunglasses, even if you have a safety strap like I did (if you need one, they are only $1.99 at the gift shops - best deal in the park). No matter how still you try to keep your head, it will knock beside the harness, thus causing pain to your ears and head, and makes the ride less enjoyable. If you wear glasses or sunglasses, buy or take a safety strap with you, take off your glasses, and let them hank on your neck.

Also, food can get pricey. If your hotel has a free breakfast, FILL UP!!! Their Subways do NOT have $5 footlongs. It's over $5 for a 6 inch veggie sub. Other 6 inch subs are are @ $7 to $8 plus. Panda Wok has tiny egg rolls at $3 and meals at $11.

I saw only two kiosks that offer a full 'meal' at $4.90. There was one near the Milennium that had a Johnsonville Brat, bag of chips and 12 oz. soda. There is another near Frontier Town by the Gemini and train tracks that offer a jumbo hotdog, chips and 12 oz drink. There's also a kiosk near the Gemini that has homemade potato chips for under $3.

Water is almost $3 a bottle (or 4 bottles for $10). But, you can ask almost anywhere for a small cup (4 to 6oz? just enough to wet the whistle) of water for free. Or, hold onto your bottle and fill it at the drinking fountains like many do.

Have a GREAT TRIP!!!!

I hope you and yours have a GREAT time!

Mentioned in this post
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Thanks so much for the feedback! I feel like I just had a tour guide!! Thanks to all of you who responded in helping me and the better half plan our thrill seeking getaway!!

chicago, il
Level Contributor
196 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Hi keckster10-I just came back to check on this thread and wanted to add one other bit about the restaurants (although not as thorough as ScubaLyons above!).

We decided to eat an early dinner on our 2nd night. I was in the mood for someone to "wait on me" (vs counter service), yet we still didn't want to take a huge chunk of time and/or leave the park. We decided to walk into Joe Cool's (near the entrace with Windseeker). What a pleasant surprise!

While the food was not gourmet, it was served quickly and was on par with the other food in the park. The best part was that the bill was about the same we paid at the (overpriced) Subway at lunchtime. We just had basic things like meatball subs, chicken strips and hamburgers, but again, we were sitting in a nice airconditioned place, had relatively quick service, and although not cheap-it wasn't really much more expensive than counter service.

It was one of our "good find" moments.

Have a fun trip!

Kelly

Knoxville, Tennessee
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Thanks for the heads up Kelly! I have decided to take your advice and do the half day and full day! May also take your advice as well on the Joe Cool!

Ohio
Level Contributor
126 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many days do I need at Cedar Point with Fast Lane?

Kelly, I've always wanted to give that place a go. thanks for the tip!

Get answers to your questions about Sandusky