We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

save your money...

Which Sandusky hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
save your money...

Pier 684 the former Damon's...Stay away far far away! If you are traveling to Sandusky Ohio this is one place you do not want to eat in.

Brecksville
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: save your money...

I recommend Beraridi's in Huron at east end of bridge, reliable, good food, seafood bisque or potato knophle soup to get addicted to. Been doing them since 1985.

Brecksville
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: save your money...

I recommend Berardi's, Huron at east end of bridge. Been going there since 1985. Great seafood bisque and potato knophle soups, can get addicted to them.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: save your money...

Just got back from Sandusky last nite....ventured to Pier 684 on thursday & found the food to actually be "fantastic". My wife had the fresh perch dinner,kids full rack of ribs & myself, chicken wings. Thoroughly enjoyed everything from the kitchen including, lobster bisque. Understand your situation Mebucki but,i did not see your review before we went (and glad)otherwise would have had second thoughts. The bottom line is after speaking with the owner at length after the meal,we are actually looking forward to returning in 2013 ! Enhanced menu and few more updates planned in near future should put this restaurant in a very good position for up and coming year.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: save your money...

Berardi's in Huron is a personal favorite, especially for the perch dinner. It's a very good non-chain restaurant.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
472 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: save your money...

We were looking for some place to go last night and I came across this update. Thanks James. We had a great meal. We had the lobster bisque, chicken wings and perch. :) You can't go wrong with those options. The lobster bisque is right up there with the Boardwalk on Put-in-Bay.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,430 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: save your money...

Glad to hear things are looking up for this restaurant! Hoping they worked out all the kinks. It's too great of a location to go to waste. :)

castalia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: save your money...

We recently tried this new restaurant and we were NOT at all impressed. To begin with , we ordered the calamari that the server told us was hand cut, it appeared to be cut very thin which made it look like a large serving but was actually a really small portion. Then we ordered mashed potatoes with one dinner and received rice instead...Then the second dinner did not come out and went to another table, the server apologized but still no dinner arrived..after about 30 minutes the second meal finally came out... only to be wrong again......needless to say we were not able to eat our dinner together and the manager did not offer to compensate anything for his mistake which he made twice... We spent $ 70 on a meal which was not what we ordered, so I recommend save your money and go to Water Street, ALWAYS get a great meal AND service there!!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
122 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: save your money...

I have to agree. I've grown up at the marina right there at the restaurant and really pine for the days when it was a Damon's, because the food at this new place is overpriced and just not very good.

Sandusky, Ohio
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: save your money...

This place is terrible!! We went last year once to try it out. We ordered 2 sandwiches and 2 fries and 2 pops. Our bill was over $35 without tip! It took over and hour before we got our food and they were not busy! The food was cold and tasted disgusting! We just went again in April 2013 to try it one more time hoping last years visit was one random bad dinner. This time was just as bad! We again ordered 2 sandwiches, 2 fries and 2 pops. It took exactly 55 minutes from the time we ordered until the time she brought it to us. The food was hot so we knew it was just cooked. The waitress stated that the kitchen is very overwhelmed right now and they are 1/2 hour behind! I said overwhelmed with what?? There are only 5 tables here! I said and the food is hot so it was just cooked! What have then been doing for an hour! I ordered a perch sandwich and it was disgusting! I kept insisting it was not perch and my husband tasted it and agreed! It tasted like a spoiled fish and definetly not perch! I couldn't even it! I did it my fries. Our bill was again over $35 again and that was without tip. I advise this place to shut down immediately! This place will not survive here. Their food is disgusting! The only thing they have is the view, but any place in there will always have the view. It was their before they moved in so its not them who created it. They think they will survive because of where they are and people from the marina will eat there no matter what because of the location and high prices. Do NOT eat at PIER 684 it is a rip off and disgusting!!!!

Wayne, Michigan
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: save your money...

we went to damons two summers ago. my son in law had been there himself as a youngster and the service, food and drinks were wonderful. well worth the price paid. we returned this fall to find pier 684 in it's place. we expressed our dismay but the man who acted like he may be the owner told us they were even better than damons. i ordered the prime rib with garlic mashed. the rib was horrible as described earlier fatty and dry. the potatoes tasted off a bit, like maybe the cream or milk used in them was spoiled, so i left those on the plate. my son in laws chili nachos was more of chili soup with nachos thrown on the top. he left most of them and ate the kids fries instead. the bill was a total of 80 bucks without tip for three adults and two children. the waiter was polite and took good care of us, though i don't know his name. he never asked us how the food was.

ugh best describes this place and this family will not return.