We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

save your money...

Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
save your money...

Pier 684 the former Damon's...Stay away far far away! If you are traveling to Sandusky Ohio this is one place you do not want to eat in.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,543 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: save your money...

Thanks for the warning.

What happened?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: save your money...

I didn't even realize a new place had opened already!

Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: save your money...

Ordered prime rib with potatoes and gravy. Tasted excellent until I found the prime rib under the potatoes it was 95 % fat. The server asked if everything tasted good and the answer was look at all the fat. I was told that prime rib had a good deal of fat on it. My reply was not this much! His reply was we warn people that there is a good deal of fat on the slices of prime rib. I said he had not brought it to my attention! I was then informed he would tell the kitchen"again" about the problem. He then brought me a bowl of finely ground beef that was drier than sand in the desert. I was in the restaurant business for a number of years and I know when low food cost is the goal and not customer satisfaction. The manager would not talk with me. He had to change coke tanks. There are many good dinning choices in Sandusky ,but this is not one of them.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: save your money...

That stinks, Mebucki. Especially since that's one of the few waterfront dining options in Sandusky. :(

Fort Collins...
Level Contributor
904 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: save your money...

What if what you ordered was the worst food in america, but everything else on the menu is the best in the universe? Then people should save their money to go to this restaurant

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
487 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: save your money...

I have to chime in here. I also went to this restaurant. We had the crab cakes which were good. The lobster bisque was awesome. The view was fabulous!

They have a variety on the menu from Sandwiches to Steaks. Please don't count this restaurant out. I agree with iheartcle one bad meal does not make them all bad.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: save your money...

Personally, I would be very bothered by any restaurant that buried prime rib under potatoes, especially if I later discovered it was an overly fatty piece of meat.

What I wondered as I read Mebucki's post was whether he knew the prime rib was smothered when he ordered it. If not, I would have been furious and suspicious from the moment the entree was served.

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: save your money...

This is why I don't eat red meat very often when I'm out. I'm picky. I'm more bothered by the fact that the manager wouldn't come out to talk to him. That's their job. We may stop by there in a few weekends.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: save your money...

<<We may stop by there in a few weekends.>>

Irish, perhaps proves that any publicity is good publicity! :)

Please definitely let us know what you think.

Edited: 5:00 pm, July 09, 2012
Ohio
Level Contributor
187 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: save your money...

The problem was not just the food. I've had bad meals before that were made right. Problem one the waiter not being truthful. Problem two he would tell the kitchen "again". Problem three bringing me a bowl of dust at the end of my meal as if that would make it right. The biggest problem the manager would not talk with me! The best restaurant in the the world may make mistakes but the manager does not hide in the kitchen! If this is a recurring problem as the waiter stated it should have been addressed. The moral of the post bad management!