We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

Save Topic
Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

Like what hotel will allow 18 year olds and what is there to do besides cedar point, romantic wise?

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

I don't know of any hotels that will serve an 18 year old. I know for sure the upper end resorts and usual chains will not. You can check with the locally owned motels, like The Maples Motel, etc.

Romance wise.... any meal on the water is a good bet. Bay Harbor Inn is very nice. Chez Francois in the nearby town of Vermilion is $$$$$, but very very good french food. You could also go for a walk on any of the local beaches. Keep in mind that depending on the time of year that you go, there will likely be major bug populations on the beaches, though.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
17 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

Hi Chris,

The Best Western has a minimum of 18 years. I've stayed here before and it is quite nice. I think you both would be very pleased.

…ian.com/hotel/…

Save Reply
3. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

Wow thanks a ton, cedar point and overpriced French food for my proposal this summer lol :):)

Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

A bed & breakfast might not be a bad idea if you're looking for a more romantic getaway. Wagner's 1844 Inn (230 E. Washington St.) and Simpson-Flint House (234 E. Washington St.) in downtown Sandusky are nice places close to Cedar Point, the waterfront, and beautiful Washington Park. Zinc Brasserie is a unique French restaurant with a cozy atmosphere (located in downtown Sandusky), Marconi's (in Huron), Baci (located at the Comfort Inn in Sandusky) and Sortino's Italian Restaurant (in Sandusky) are great options for Italian food. The Angry Bull is a good option for steak and seafood. You could visit the Lake Erie islands, tour the Marblehead Lighthouse, or take a romantic sunset cruise. Check out the welcome center for the Sandusky area at www.SHORESandISLANDS.com for more information.

Edited: 10:05 am, February 02, 2012
Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
493 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

I would take a romantic ride over to put in bay on the Miller Ferry, rent a golf cart and ride around the island. Maybe even stay over night. :)

UK
Level Contributor
1,164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

Yeah, heading over to Put-In-Bay or Kelleys Island on the ferry is a good idea. Kelleys Island does have a nice beach on it too (though it may involve a bit of walking).

7. Re: Ideaa for an 18 year old couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, May 18, 2013