We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need hotel advice near Cedar point with warm breakfast

Toronto
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need hotel advice near Cedar point with warm breakfast

Hello, we are from Canada and I need your advice on a hotel with 2 double beds, to stay at with 3 kids 15 yrs old and younger. I'm taking them to Cedar point amusement park and I know they'll want to ride the rides for at least 4 days.

I'm looking for hotel with all-you-can-eat hot breakfast not just cereal and muffins...that way the kids can get full and next time they'll eat is dinner. Also an indoor pool, internet, and fitness centre would be great. I can't exceed $100 per day stay.

Thanking you in advance for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Cedar Point Amusement Park
Cedar Point Amusement...
7,148 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need hotel advice near Cedar point with warm breakfast

Try Fairfield Inn or Hampton Inn, but I can tell you right now trying to find a place that serves a hot breakfast and has a pool for less than $100 a night will be close to impossible. Both of those places will be over $100 a night. Finding a hotel that serves a breakfast of any kind with a pool for less than $100 a night will be hard. If your budget is set though, look at small family owned motels, like the Maples Motel or Plantation Inn.

Mentioned in this post
Maples Motel
Maples Motel
269 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
605 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need hotel advice near Cedar point with warm breakfast

I agree with IrishLake - those are tough to meet in that price range. Generally speaking, hotels in that area are IMO a bit over priced considering you're pretty much just paying for location and not much else. Going during the week Tues - Friday for example, will be easier than going Friday - Monday. Any hotel I've eaten at with an all you can eat hot breakfast generally serves food that you don't want to eat more than one plate of (if that) and would never last us until dinner.

Personally, if you're spending 4 days at CP, between the amusement park and the water park think really hard about whether or not you'll actually use the pool and the fitness center. I can tell you that personally, even after 15 years of going every summer we never use the pool or the fitness center in our hotels because we are early to the park, and stay until dark and are too exhausted to even think about anything else but dinner, shower and bed. (We usually squeeze in a day at the lake on the beach too.) Consider looking at something more low budget on the hotel end and then do Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans for breakfast - you can get a lot of food for a reasonable price and it would hold them until dinner.

Edited: 7:35 am, June 22, 2011
Toronto
Level Contributor
267 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Need hotel advice near Cedar point with warm breakfast

hi, your right. we'll be at CP all the time so I booked super 8 at a super price with continental breakfast. can't really beat that.

thanks for all your help.

4. Re: Need hotel advice near Cedar point with warm breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 02, 2012