We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

How are the crowds and wait times during cedar point during late may to early june? Also, which coasters have the longer wait times and why? Thanks in advance.

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

Cedar Point is always busy but it will be less crowded on those days. I say “less” but it will still be crowded. Thursday would be less crowded than Friday.

The Maverick seems to have the longest line. I have seen wait time for over two hours. I would make that coaster the first thing you ride in the morning; it’s toward the back of the park. You can always back track to the rides you passed. It’s very worth it and not like any other roller coaster I have ridden. Wait time will be shorter if you hit it very early. Resist the urge to get in line for the Raptor because it’s the first coaster you will see when entering the park. Everyone seems to do this. If you wait until afternoon the line seems to be shorter. I went Sunday of Memorial Weekend last year and only waited 15 minutes to get on the Raptor in the afternoon and it was an hour wait in the morning. It’s a very fun coaster but much better when only waiting 15 minutes instead of an hour. Millennium Force seems to go pretty quick – by quick I mean less than an hour but it’s a must ride. First hill is over 300 feet and you go over 90mph. Then there is Top Thrill Dragster – you have to see it. Explaining it would not do it justice – lines here are longer as well so you will have to just check it out. If line says under and hour I would jump in line.

Coaters with shorter lines then the above mentioned– The Magnum, Gemini, Mean Streak, Corkscrew, Disaster Transport, Iron Dragon , Mine Ride and Mantis – Why? Just because they are older but still worth riding. Out of the older coasters I would say Magnum is the best. The Mean Streak is a large wooden coaster. Personally not my favorite so my advice is to sit closer to the front on this if you decide to ride it. The back seats seem to beat you up.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

If you plan to go next week, you will beat most schools letting out for the summer, so that will thin the crowds significantly. However, you should also check to see if it's a "Math and Science Day" when you go. I've heard those days can be as bad as summer with kids running around everywhere. Otherwise, Thursday should be less crowded than a Friday.

Alot also depends on the weather. If it's cold and rainy, the park will be empty, but 80's and sunny will bring out the crowds. Any day really is a crap shoot - but midweek early (or late) in the season are generally some of the best days of the year to avoid crowds.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

JOZ and Kilarney, thank you both for your replies. I'm looking to get to the park in time for the 10:00am opening on 6/2 and 6/3 (Thurs and Fri). Is it possible to get early admission even if I'm not staying at a park property? I'm hoping for a minimal crowd as the high temps both days are going to be 67-70 with isolated t-storms on fri. Hopefully, the effects of the storms are minimal. Also, I've appeared to dodge the bullet of the Math and Science days at CP. However, I did see that friday 6/3 is the beginning of coastermania. Does this event bring a lot of people. Please say no, lol.

Livonia, MI
Level Contributor
689 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

I think the whole summer is coastermania! LOL I have never heard of that but we decided to repeat last year and go to Cedar Point yesterday. Being a sunny day on a holiday weekend I was expecting more crowds but it really was not bad. With the exception of a couple of rides we waited less than 15 minutes for everything so you should be fine on the days you go. We waited about 35 minutes for the Maverick and we did hit that ride first. I did notice longer waits later in then day like I mentioned. We rode the Raptor late afternoon and only waited 20 minutes. When you see the signs that say wait time an hour that is only if the line is back to that sign which they usually are not. Don’t let it scare you from getting in line.

I’m not sure about early entry. We arrived a shortly before 10:00 and had no problem walking into the park. We did have a HUGE thunderstorm in the evening that lasted about an hour. Bad news is the Millennium Force and the Top Thrill Dragster were unable to reopen after the storm. Good news is it cleared the park really quick and we walked right on to everything after the storm! :) We ended up closing the park. Have fun!

Edited: 1:37 pm, May 30, 2011
5. Re: Crowds:Thursdays and fridays at cedar point in early june

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, May 31, 2012