We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what else besides cedar point?

ct
Level Contributor
94 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
what else besides cedar point?

Ive researched the area, but what else is there to do besides cedar point that is really worth a 10 hour trip? Is cedar point worth a 10 hour drive? 2 teens and a 10 yo -- need to keep them occupied. Is the area in general nice? Thanks

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: what else besides cedar point?

Thanks so much for the info! We will definitely look into those places. More geological I believe we like. We went to Vegas in Feb and loved the Valley of Fire.

Mentioned in this post
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: what else besides cedar point?

dont expect to see anything like that in ohio!!! lol... but definatly look into the local cave tours, as well as the CV national park. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Ohio
Ohio
United States
ct
Level Contributor
94 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: what else besides cedar point?

How far is Seneca Caverns from Sandusky?

Mentioned in this post
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: what else besides cedar point?

about 30 minutes. :-)

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: what else besides cedar point?

Thanks for all this awesome info. I have a trip next week with my 4 and 7 yr old girls. Daddy doesn't get vacation time right now so we are driving down from Ann Arbor. I can't wait to take them to Seneca Caverns and I've never been to Put-in Bay. I was concerned about getting bored after one day at CP because the little one is too short for the big rides. Now I feel like I have a few more options. Next I just need to find a nice clean hotel for a couple nights.

Mentioned in this post
Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor
Michigan
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,628 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: what else besides cedar point?

HappyCamper, if your'e on a budget, definitely look at the Maples Motel on route 6/cleveland rd. It's family owned, older, but is very clean, and you'll feel so welcome. The Econolodge on route 6/cleveland rd is clean and cheaper as well. otherwise, the hampton or fairfield is a safe bet. when you're on PiB, check out Perrys cave, and the Aquatic visitors center (free admission!), the butterfly house, Perrys monument (cant go up in it while it's being restored, but there's still a visitors center and they do live historical displays), even Heinemans winery, where you can get fresh grape juice! miller ferry is much cheaper than the jet express, and their website has coupons on it. your youngest rides free, your middle is $3 round trip, and you will be $13 round trip, plus there's a coupon on tickets on the website. (sorry its 2 am and i'm repeating myself!). and you can take your car for $30 round trip. much cheaper than renting a golf cart at $70 a day.

have a great trip, please let us know how it goes!

Mentioned in this post
Maples Motel
Maples Motel
269 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Brookfield...
1 post
Save Reply
17. Re: what else besides cedar point?

We have been traveling to Cedar Point from CT for the past 9 years. It takes about 9 hours to get there from the Danbury area. We stay at the Sandusky/Bayshore Estates KOA campground and rent either a 2 or 3 bedroom trailer with a/c, kitchen, and bathroom for a little over $1000 for 8 nights. Very clean and only a couple miles from the causeway into Cedar Point. My children are now in HS and College and wouldn't miss the yearly trip. We usually spread our visits to the park over 2 or 2 1/2 days. With the waiting on lines it is hard to do the whole park in a day. We spend the other days go karting, hanging around the pool or going to the Lake Erie islands. The area is very nice, Cedar Point is spotless!

Mentioned in this post
Cedar Point
Cedar Point
764 Reviews
Sandusky, OH
Erie
Erie
Pennsylvania
ct
Level Contributor
94 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: what else besides cedar point?

Thank you for the info. Nice to hear that you go there so much and its fun for the kids. Im still debating. The only timeshare unit up there is Erie Resorts and Ive seen very mixed reviews on it, and the units seem very small - 750 sq feet in 2 floors. So I dont know if that would work for us. I did see quite a few thru vrbo when I was looking earlier this year, but its cheaper if I go thru the timeshare.

Keep the info coming though - I love to hear about it and it does help when making my decision. :-)

Mentioned in this post
Erie
Erie
Pennsylvania
19. Re: what else besides cedar point?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 07, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Sandusky