We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalahari Resort

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Kalahari Resort

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a 2 night get away to the Kalahari resport with my husband and 3 year old son. Can anyone tell me if the water park will be enough to keep my son's attention? He is a very good swimmer, can actually swim on his own although in a place like this I would definitely keep a life jacket on him? I have been thoroughly impressed with the reviews as well as their website. however, it has been brought to my attention that Great Wolf might be good too (admittedly, this place doesn't look quite good enough to me as far as the hotel goes.)

Also, we have been pondering going to Splash Lagoon in Erie...can anyone draw any comparisions for me? Thanks a ton!!!

new york
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalahari Resort

Hey Chris

We recently spent 4 days at the Kalahari and the kids loved it. I have twin 3 year old girls plus a 7 year old and nobody wanted to leave. They did enforce height requirements but the kids had a blast. The outdoor pool is awesome too. Zero entry pool plus a childrens play area with sprinkler type things that the little ones can play in. The Kalahari was great! I can't imagine anyone being dissappointed. It is a full service resort and we could have easily stayed longer. We drove 10 hours from New York and it was worth it. Can't wait to go back next year.. Book it you won't regret it.

Dan

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalahari Resort

Thank you for the response.

Can anyone draw any comparisions of Kalahari to Splash Lagoon in Erie, PA?

THanks!

warren ohio
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalahari Resort

I am a 18 year old college student me and my buddy's went up there and had a great time even though it is quite kiddy (about 3-14years old I recommend.)Just dont go when it is crowded bc it will be a miserable wait and make the trip not worth ( go on the weekdays or go durning summer: people are at the beach presque isle which is awsome i might add. But splash lagoon is 10 times better than great wolf lodge... kalahari soon to discover...

Sandusky, OH
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalahari Resort

A 2-night Getaway at Great Wolf Lodge would be perfect for a 3 yr. old, as would Kalahari. Both resorts have clean, big, themed rooms, and cater to families. Great Wolf Lodge has storytime, Cub's Den (a craft area), and a special wading pool just for small tykes. Kalahari has more to offer all the way around, as well as more waterpark fun for the older kids. Both resorts are offering specials now and in September. Contact the Erie County Visitors Bureau at 1-800-255-3743 or go to VisitOhio.com to request a Lake Erie Adventure Packet or see the specials. Kalahari's special is for $129/night good Sept 11-15 and Sept 25-29, 2005. We went when the special was in June, and we got a room upgrade, four waterpark passes, four pieces of pizza (large), four sodas, four rounds of miniature golf, and 20 game tokens for the arcade. this was an incredible deal. It requires a coupon that can be gotten through the visitors bureau. Good Luck! I think you will have a great time. Oh, and by the way, Castaway Bay has upgraded there rooms to have the tropical theme that is present throughout the rest of the hotel, and have been very busy (many times sold-out) this summer season with many guests reporting excellent stays. Another excellent place to stay!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
313 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalahari Resort

InTrav,

Thanks alot for the informaion, I will be calling them today!!

Sounds like we can't go wrong at either place!!