We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky

Clarktson, MI
Level Contributor
12 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky

Looking to get away with my wife and kids (age 17,8,5,2). Which resort is better? You see that I have a pretty wide range of ages and want to get the most bang for our buck. Planning to stay Sun/Mon nights in the third week of August. Is 2 nights too long or just right? Any advice would be appreciated

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,517 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky

i'd say 2 nights is just right. personally, i'd stay at Great Wolf. You have to be a staying, paying guest to enjoy. Anyone can buy a day pass to Kalahari. and GW has great special events for your younger kids, like storytime, etc. Both places get good reviews... I'd make sure you read all the reviews on the hotel page for yourself to make the best informed decision.

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky

We loved great wolf (kids are 5 & 3). I have heard from friends with older children that Kalahari is geared to more adventure/high adrenaline - better for your 17 year old. We found great wolf to be clean, friendly, and big enough for our family. They have nice family suite rooms, as well.

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio, Treasure Beach
Level Contributor
13,110 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky

Kalahari does have a couple of rides that Great Wolf doesn't - the surf thing, for one.

However, they oversell day passes to the point that you can't get a tube or a towel...for that reason alone I'd go to Great Wolf, it's park is for guests only and never that crowded.

However, Kalahari may have the better outdoor waterpark...I've only been in winter. It looked pretty good but hard to tell when it's closed.

4. Re: Kalahari vs. Great Wolf Lodge in Sandusky

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 05, 2009