We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

Hartland, Michigan
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

My husband and I are planning to visit Cedar Point August 24-26.

Hotel Breakers: We will spend most of our time in the park. Is the hotel cost worth the price just to be close?

Do we need a Fast Pass or Fast Pass Plus on a late summer weekend?

5 replies to this topic
US
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
37 reviews
1. Re: Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

Yes, imo, on the hotel. If it starts to rain, it’s really nice to be right by your hotel while you wait it out. We always do early entry (you get a ton done!!), park for a while, relax at the hotel then bounce back and forth as desired. It’s just super convenient with good amenities so it’s worth it to us.

You can buy fast lane when you arrive if you decide you need it. I’d wait. With good planning (use their app to see wait times), you can probably get by without the passes especially if you have 2 days.

Sandusky, OH
Destination Expert
for Sandusky
Level Contributor
528 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

I don't know if this has happened to anyone else. But in October we check the price of the fast lane pass online and once we got to the park to buy the pass it went up in price.

US
Level Contributor
5,844 posts
37 reviews
3. Re: Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

I’m sure the price is driven by demand so they will go up day of if busier than expected.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
14,364 posts
3,388 reviews
4. Re: Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

Is the hotel cost worth the price just to be close?

===

It is to us.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,106 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions

All prices for Cedar Point are cheaper online than in person. Even the regular day pass. So waiting is a risk...pay X dollars and maybe don't need it, or wait and see if you need it, but then pay Y (with Y being more than X).

If I am going on a weekend, I would get it, no questions asked. Even late summer, weekends are still busy.

Reply to: Late August Trip to Cedar Point Questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted