We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalahari

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
284 posts
120 reviews
Kalahari

This is our first visit and need some pointers. Do we eat at the resort or venture out? My daughter is 11.

What other things would she like doing at the resort and in the area the next day

2 replies to this topic
Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,738 posts
110 reviews
1. Re: Kalahari

You can eat at the resort, but it's pricey. There are a ton of chain restaurants just north of the resort. There's great, affordable local options too. (Chet & Matt's pizza buffet is a cheap local favorite!).

I know on site, there is the Safari Animal Park. You can visit the park, or for an added cost, your child can be a "zookeeper" for a day. I would think any 11 year old who loves animals would love that experience.

Also in the Sandusky area, there's a beautiful waterfront to visit, park and nature preserves to hike, shops and restaurants, and a Merry-go-round museum that has an operational antique carousel.

North Ridgeville...
Level Contributor
74 posts
261 reviews
2. Re: Kalahari

Eating there is an option, but I have to agree that it's pricey there. For pizza/Italian, there's Danny Boy's, up the street from Kalahari. Traveling past that, you'll find your traditional chain places, like Panera Bread, Applebee's, Taco Bell, and Olive Garden, to name a few. For Mexican, there's Casa Real, over by Ghostly Manor, which is past Great Wolf Lodge. Alternatively for Mexican, you could head east on OH-2, take the next exit, head in the direction of Cedar Point, and you'll find Costa Azul. As for attractions, I would suggest Ghostly Manor. They have a 4D Theater, mini golf, an arcade, and a haunted house. Their haunted house is highly rated. It even made the Top 10 list for Best Haunted Houses in America, and was featured on Travel Channel.

Reply to: Kalahari
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted