We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

REAL New Year's-2013 plans?

Cleveland, Ohio
1 post
Save Topic
REAL New Year's-2013 plans?

Just wondered if there was anything going on for New Year's Eve. My boyfriend and I aren't big partiers or drinkers, but we want to go somewhere different and get out of town. I can't seem to found ferry service that travels in the winter nor anything online about events. Are there any?

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: REAL New Year's-2013 plans?

You could check out state lodges. Especially if you like hiking, Mohican State Park Lodge would be good, and also would offer Malabar Farm State Park. See Mohican region here.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g50207-s407/Cleveland…

Other possibilities might include Niagara Falls, Pittsburgh, or German Village in Columbus.

www.gvguesthouse.com/historic-german-village/

Locally, there is Punderson State Park Lodge, with access to Geauga County Amish country, Holden Arboretum, etc.

Edited: 9:27 am, December 26, 2013
Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
279 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: REAL New Year's-2013 plans?

The ferry stops running when the lake ices over in the winter. The two options after that are to either charter an air boat or an airplane. Do you know someone on the island that you are visiting and do you have a place to stay? The reason I ask is because PIB pretty much closes (for tourists) on Halloween. There is literally nothing to do there in the winter unless you know folks on the island. Just don't want you to get there and expect sun and crowds and bars open! I would recommend Cleveland or Erie for winter getaways in the area. Happy New Year!

3. Re: REAL New Year's-2013 plans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay