We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas in July Question

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas in July Question

Hi! We are visiting Put in Bay from Wed July 17 - Fri July 19th this year. I know we will be leaving on the 19th, which is the first day of Christmas in July. Do you think there will be some decorations up earlier in the day before we leave on the Friday? Even though we aren't staying for the full festivities, it might be good if we were able to take in a little bit of Christmas :) Thanks!

Troy, MI
Destination Expert
for Put in Bay
Level Contributor
296 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas in July Question

That's a great question! Every year it is a little different, and each business does their own thing so I can't answer this 100%. Also, Christmas in July at Put-In-Bay is always the one weekend closest to July 25... except for this year. The business owners already planned, advertised, and started taking reservations for Xmas in July for July 25-27, but the Chamber of Commerce, for some reason, started advertising Xmas as being on July 18-20. So they all came up with the idea of doing "The 12 Days of Christmas" to cover both weekends that had been advertised. Now, with those caveats in place, the answer is... maybe. The main downtown businesses usually put up their decorations on the Thursday that starts Xmas in July (since it is a 3-night minimum at the hotels, Thu/Fri/Sat). So if you are staying til Friday, you will get the first night and day of the new Xmas weekend. We still don't know how busy that new first weekend will be compared to the real Xmas weekend on July 25-27, but I would bet there will be decorations up early. Hope this helps!

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
91 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas in July Question

Thank you, that was very helpful!

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas in July Question

There are a group of 22 of us from Windsor and Cambridge going to Put in Bay the exact same dates that you guys are ... this will be our 5th year but our first Christmas in July so I too am hoping to catch at least one night or day of the festivities.

Where did you guys decide to stay? Hope you have a great time ... we love it there and if you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Windsor
Windsor
Ontario, Canada
4. Re: Christmas in July Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 03, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay
Recent Conversations