We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

docking question??

Which Put in Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
docking question??

Is there a marina on Put In Bay where you are not required to raft off other boats? We are just not into the idea of rafting off other boats or people tromping over ours

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: docking question??

Here's a link to all the boat docks on Put in Bay: http://putinbay.com/boating.htm

You can try to call the Put in Bay Yacht Club for a reservation - but if I'm not mistaken, even they require rafting on the weekends.

Your best option to avoid rafting, may be to arrive early, and hope you can get a mooring buoy in the bay. Otherwise, you will probably be stuck rafting up with the rest of us dirty, smelly masses at the public docks!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: docking question??

Sorry didn't mean to insult anyone... just been told some horrifying stories about the "rafting" thing at PIB. Thank you for the info!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
738 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: docking question??

No worries ... just a joke.

I've stayed overnight at the public docks for many years in everything from a 21' Maxum, to a 27" Sea Ray, to a 34' Larson. There are boats of all sizes and styles rafted together (up to 4 deep at some spots). I've personally never seen any problems with people crossing. Maybe we've just been lucky, but people are usually very respectful of others boats - crossing on the swim platform if possible.

Now, if your looking for a quiet, relaxing weekend - that could be a problem. Even with semi-enforced quiet hours, PIB is a party island, and it goes strong from morning to night at the docks. We were once tied off to a couple trying to sleep off their hangover in their cabin. That didn't last very long before they gave up and joined the party going on all around them.

The biggest inconvenience for me is when an inside boat needs to leave early on Sunday morning!

ohio
Level Contributor
2,290 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: docking question??

Great.. I was hoping I didn't insult anyone. We like to party like anyone else, lol... PIB is no place for a " quiet weekend" !

Thanks for the link, I did find some info about private marinas where their is no rafting in PIB.com forums.

Have a great summer!

5. Re: docking question??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:42 pm, June 19, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Put in Bay