We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Clinton?

Which Port Clinton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new york
13 posts
Save Topic
Port Clinton?

Our family is going on vacation in late July 2009, thinking about going to Port CLinton. Looking to stay at the Best Western. After looking at all these reviews I'm debating whether this is a good decision. We are just looking for a clean hotel, with pool and maybe a small beach area. Is there a beach at Best Western. Also my daughter is looking to do some pop up tent camping in the area. How is the Cedarlane RV Park? Any help from anyone would be helpful. Thank you

CLEVELAND
Level Contributor
770 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Clinton?

For camping in that area, I would definitely suggest staying a East Harbor State Park. As for staying "IN" Port Clinton, is there a specific reason you want to stay there? There really isn't much to do. The beach is terribly small in between buildings and a road. What else do you have planned?

If you are planning going to Cedar Point, stay closer in Sandusky. There are LOTS of nice hotels there and more to do. Or you could stay part of the time on Put In Bay/South Bass or Kelleys Island which also has a state park.

Sandusky, OH
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Clinton?

The last person had a great suggestion about going to East Harbor State Park for camping and a beach. However, Camper Village at Cedar Point would be even better if you have an RV, they are located right near a wonderful beach and waterpark that you could walk to, as well as Cedar Point, itself. I've never stayed at Cedarlane RV Park, but from the road, it looks realy nice. It has a wonderful water playground and pool. If you go to the website that is the official visitors bureau site for the area, you can find the entire list of hotels. It is www.shoresandislands.com.

There are some really great indoor waterpark resorts in Sandusky, if that interests you. They are great for kids and adults!

Columbus
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Clinton?

Hope I'm not too late to pass this on. We stay at Cedarlane every summer and we love it. There are 3 pools, including a kiddy pool. Security so not just anyone can get in, just campers and visitors. VERY clean. They have very nice area for tents, or right on your camper space you can put up a tent.The Cedar Point campgrounds is very close together making it difficult to get a camper in and out, no space between for comfort.If it's just one night maybe OK. But if you want to stay a few days and family camp, Cedar Point is not for that.

4. Re: Port Clinton?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:46 am, December 02, 2009