We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report July 7-11

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
173 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report July 7-11

Me and my fiance, bith in our mid 30’s recently got back from Port Clinton. Our main objective was to hit the water park and the rollercoaster park. We were wanting to stay on the resort, however, the price for 4 nights was ridiculous. We opted for a B&B and we were reffered to The Battenberg Inn due to their vacancy. This was my first time staying at a B&B, but my fiance had stayed at several before and this was our first trip this far North which made the trip even more interesting.

Upon our arrival at Battenberg Inn, we were greeted by Allen; later that evening we were greeted by his wife Barb who was baking apple bread which we sampled fresh out of the oven. I must say to anyone who reads this: I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE BATTENBERG INN to any couple who whishes a nice relaxing getaway to this quaint and wondeful area. Barb and Allen are the best wife/husband team we have ever encountered Barb and Allen are such sweet souls and we couldn’t ve asked for better hosts.....wonderful people indeed. On our down time, we simply hung out with them on their veranda, talked travels, sampled wine and passed the time. They are definitely our new adopted family.

http://www.battenberginn.com/ be sure to mention our names.

Barb cooks a hearty breakfast so be sure you have an appetite in the mornings. We stayed in the “Oasis room” which has it sown entrance upstairs. The cost per night was definitely reasonable....much better than the resorts on site at Cedarpoint.

Coincidentally, our inn keepers were justices of the peace, so while we were kayaking, YES KAYAKING, (about 20 minutes away on the river with Barb, who has their own kayaks) we spontaneously decided to wedin kayaks on the river in a patch of water lillies.....check out the pics....

So I guess u can say we “eloped”.....

We did visit Mon Ami winery/restaraunt....PIB....Soak City and Cedarpoint....and a few little bars here and there....any questions feel free to post ‘em.....

Ron and Faith

Chillicothe, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
Level Contributor
3,457 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report July 7-11

congratulations!!!!!!!! oh my gosh, that is awesome!!!! So glad you had a good trip, you'll have to post a bit more about the bars, the parks, etc... it's always appreciated.

so think this will become an every year, anniversary celebration type place to visit? i hope so!

2. Re: Trip report July 7-11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 05, 2009