We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Houston, Texas
1 post
Save Topic
Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I booked 2 rooms thru this site hotelreservations.com and was told there would be no penalty if I cancelled prior to a certain date. I did cancel on time yet they deducted the rooms charges and repaid one room only. I have sent them 4 written requests for full reimbursement with no reply. I cannot get hold f anyone on the phone...automatic call centre all he way. Very frustrating and not happy at all. Can somebody please assist me?

10 replies to this topic
Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

KP, not certain why you posted on the Mason forum, but if I were you, my first recourse would be to contact my credit card company and seek a refund.

Perhaps also contact the Texas attorney general's consumer fraud office for assistance. They probably could advise you if there is a federal agency that deals with internet fraud.

You also might want to post on this forum, where there might be more expertise on this topic:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12290-Bargain_…

At least you will warn others about this firm.

Brooklyn NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I also had a recent bad experience with reservations.com failure to clearly disclose no-refund policy. I have reported this company to the BBB, the Florida attorney general, and contacted a class-action attorney.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Warning Warning to all TripAdvisor buddies!!! Reservation.com is very sneaky..Looks like the booking website for the hotel, especially if you are in a hurry and don't pay attention. They immediately charge your credit card. I cancelled my reservation within the hotel policy cancellation time frame. Reservation.com reversed the hotel charges BUT then charged an additional $14.99 reservation.com fee. When I called customer service to complain about charge they stated it's posted in their terms. I read through the whole website, ALL the fine print and found no mention of this charge. I also sent them an email, Still waiting on a response.

Be careful out there.....

cincinnati, ohio
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I will only use the reservation service of the hotel for which I'm booking a reservation. True, this sometimes adds a little time to do the research but its always provided better information.

Why book directly?? Reason 1 - I'm dealing direct with the vendor and eliminating any confusion working through a third party. Reason 2 - I've always found the prices cheaper because every time another party is involved they expect to be paid and that just adds another fee to the overall cost. Reason 3 - it minimizes the possibility of just this type of situation and if there is a problem, the vendor is going to want to satisfy me to keep from losing a customer where the booking service could care less.

Yes - using these services for general information and to get a feel for area pricing is fine but go direct to the vendor for the best deals and options.

Canton, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Garden City Beach, Surfside Beach
Level Contributor
3,636 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I agree with bassbum. Go direct and avoid confusion.

BTW, call the number on your credit card if you are having an issue with a refund. They may be able to help you out.

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

agree. HotelReservations. com charged my accountc$189.99 for a room quoted by the Hotel for $135.00 net. $59.99 more than the direct cost of the room. Also both hotelreservations and Wyndam both charged my card. still trying to straighten it out but Hotel reservations. com absolutely no help and now I see they are just a rip off.

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
10,057 posts
2,974 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Bassbum is correct!

Join a Premium Property and book direct.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Smart cookie, reasonable and well thought out. I am changing​ my habits.

Fort Erie, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

Like many others got sucked in by this site appearing to be official hotel booking. Travel a lot and feel completely duped! I got hit with cancellation, and exchange difference between booking and return on credit card. Learned from it but certainly people need to be aware!!

Hillsboro, Ohio
Level Contributor
18 posts
850 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again

I booked rooms over Hotwire and Travelocity and Booking.com

All were great and they do not put any penalty on you for cancelling prior to the date they give.

Reply to: Complaint I will never use hotel reservations.com again
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted