We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another fall foilage question

Which Logan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Another fall foilage question

We will be driving from the Pittsburgh Area to Chicago....leaving this Sunday morning (Oct 14). I would love to take 2 days for the trip and enjoy some fall color. Can anyone suggest some places to see. We usually just take 80 across Ohio....and am thinking maybe going a southern route would be more interesting. I know little about Southern Ohio. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another fall foilage question

As Leaf Turn moves north to south, you may see more color in central Ohio this weekend. Check the weekly foilage reports (left column) here:

http://www2.ohiodnr.com/fallcolor/

If you click on the leaves here, you can find the associated parks. Be certain to check the Oct. 10 report.

…discoverohio.com/autumnadventures/FallColor…

Some possibilities include: 1) Cuyahoga Valley National Park; 2) Ohio Amish country southwest of Canton; and the Mohican region southeast of Mansfield.

You can find descriptions and links for these attractions here:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g50207-s407/Cleveland…

Cuyahoga Valley National Park is immediately off I-80 beginning west of Boston Heights (route 8).

Ohio Amish country can be reached from Pittsburgh by taking I-22 east, then inside Ohio, then route 250 northeast to route 39. Go east on route 39 to heart of Ohio Amish country in Holmes County around Walnut Creek.

Taking route 39 further west will take you to Ohio's Mohican region. Mohican State Park near Loudonville has a covered bridge, and a fire tower that visitors can climb to view the park and the adjacent Mohican State Forest. Further west on route 39 near Lucas is the unique Malabar Farm State Park, a beautiful Hollywood escape frozen in its mid-20th century splendor.

Taking route 39 further west from Lucas, you can get on I-71 north for a couple exits, getting off at Ashland to catch route 250 northeast through the Ohio countryside to I-80.

Have a colorful trip back to Chicago!

Edited: 10:36 pm, October 09, 2012
Ohio
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
8,116 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another fall foilage question

since you posted this on the Logan forum... I am going to suggest Hocking Hills :) Any of the state parks (of which there are several) will be lovely.

http://www.hockinghills.com/

3. Re: Another fall foilage question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 pm, June 05, 2014