We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how long to stay?

Indiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
how long to stay?

How long is a good idea to stay in the Hocking Hills area? I was thinking 3 to 4 nights... would 4 be too many? We are thinking of visiting the state parks and the railway. Also, does anyone know if staying in Lancaster would be too far? After checking cabin prices in the area and other hotels in Logan, they seem very high but Lancaster is much cheaper. Thanks!

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
723 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how long to stay?

To answer your first question, I'd say 3-4 nights is plenty. You can easily go to more than one park in a day.

Lancaster is at least 20-25 minutes up Rt. 33. Once you exit Rt. 33, some parks are another 15-20 minutes from Logan. If you're coming to relax and chill out, I'd stay away from Lancaster -- heavy traffic (compared to Logan) and crowded restaurants. It's definitely going to kill the relaxing feeling you'll get from being in the hills.

Indiana
Level Contributor
30 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how long to stay?

Thanks!!!! We decided to stay 3 nights and are staying in Logan. It's a little more expensive but I think it'll be worth it!! Thanks again!!

Logan, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Logan
Level Contributor
723 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how long to stay?

No problem. I hope you enjoy your stay in our neck of the woods!

4. Re: how long to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 13, 2009