We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

unsure about Philip Island

Groningen...
Level Contributor
623 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
unsure about Philip Island

Hi there!

In October / November this year we will be touring 4 1/2 weeks across Victoria. One of our last stops will be on Philip Island, at least that was the plan. But the longer I think about it, the more I get unsure about whether or not we should visit Philip Island. As much as I would love to see the penguins, I'm afraid the penguin parade would be too touristy and too crowded to our taste. I know there is a possibility to see them with small group on a more secluded part of the beach, but I find these tours to be quite pricy.

On top of that we planned to stay a full day (2 nights) on the island and I'm not sure, what else we could visit during the day. Most of the island's other attractions don't really tempt us. We are mostly interested in nature and wildlife and we love hiking.

So here is my question to the experts: should we visit Philip Island and the penguin parade or would we be better off to spend an extra day somewhere else, for example at Wilsons Promontory? Hope you can help me with this. Thank you!

Groningen...
Level Contributor
623 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: unsure about Philip Island

Hi beryl_be,

Obviously our post just crossed eachother. We will probably arrive at Wilsons Promontory on Monday 17th or Tuesday 18th of November and we plan to stay 3 or 4 nights there. You can find our itinerary in another thread of mine here on TA:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g255098-i277-k7098…

12. Re: unsure about Philip Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, May 23, 2015