We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

moto gp phillip island

NZ
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
moto gp phillip island

thinking of going to moto GP Phillip Island in October 2008 - any advice for first-timers re buying general admission or stand tickets?? (if stand, which is best?)

Also accommodation - thinking of camping at track (yes, will prebook) - any recommendations??

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: moto gp phillip island

Check out the interactive map of the circuit of you havent already www.motogp.com.au/default.aspx?s=circuit_map

Stand vs gen admin really comes down to col dhard cash...stand seating is waaaaaay better IMHO...at least you're not down there with the riff raff ;-) Plus it could rain and be a mud bath! If you can afford it go for a stand near a big screen.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: moto gp phillip island

if you want a stand ticket it's a four day pass, general admission can be daily

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,138 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: moto gp phillip island

please ignore my previous post - it would help if i wasnt half asleep when i try and do this so that i actually read things properly! never been to the PI GP so i have no idea haha, sorry again

melbourne
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: moto gp phillip island

Hi Mate,

You gotta stay on the island,in cowes its were all the action is. I have a spare room in a house in cowes for the motogp weekend, as some friends of mine have pulled out.

There are 6 of us in the place and it will be a great weekend.

As it is last minute the price would be discounted.

Please feel free to give me a yell.

Cheers Stu

stuartinglis@yahoo.com.au

5. Re: moto gp phillip island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 01, 2009