We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Strahan house

Melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
61 reviews
Strahan house

What a lovely location and house! There can't be a better view in town.

Anne was a pleasure to deal with and we would certainly recommend this place for a quiet and scenic stay in Strahan. We spent 4 nights here and with so much to see and do in the area we could easily stay longer. We were 5 adults who enjoyed the spaciousness of the house

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
70 reviews
1. Re: Strahan house

Monty, it would be better if you wrote a review, which can be accessed more easily, than writing a post on here..this will shortly drift off the page.

If you go on to a search engine and type in the name of the accommodation, plus Tripadvisor reviews, you will have previous reviews come up and you can add yours to those.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
30,980 posts
77 reviews
2. Re: Strahan house

I don't think it's listed. I suspect it's a holiday letting.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Strahan house

Okay, thanks Luigi.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Strahan house

Monty what did you love in strahan. Going to tassie in one week with hubby and four and three year old sons. We are staying two nights in strahan. What do you suggest we cant miss doing?

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
23,003 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Strahan house

We by chance, have also been to Strahan in the past month.

We really enjoyed the cruise down the Gordon River - great scenery, history, crew and meal on board.

If we had time, we would have gone on the Wilderness Railway.

We also enjoyed having a wander through town, including visiting the Huon Pine woodworking shop.

Some nice drives around the town and out to the beach.

Have also heard that the play, 'The Ship that Never Was', was something we should have done.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
6. Re: Strahan house

Thanks sue. The woodwork is a new one I hadn't heard of already and completely down our alley. Adding it to day two morning. Thinking of taking the kids sand tobogganing at the dune?

Edited: 5:09 am, January 06, 2015
Melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
61 reviews
7. Re: Strahan house

some good ideas here. We did everything. The Sea Plane over and on the Gordon was a real highlight. The Gordon cruise is excellent value whichever of the 2 boats you take.

We enjoyed the Railway but its expensive and may be boring for kids.

Go and see the sunset along the beach and appreciate the Shear-water birds.

The walk along the Bay from the Town to Regatta Point is easy and enjoyable, as is the walk to the waterfall from Peoples Park.

I knew nothing of the sand dunes?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
52 posts
26 reviews
8. Re: Strahan house

Are you thinking the cruise would suit the kids better than the railway??

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
7,806 posts
49 reviews
9. Re: Strahan house

Sheild although has been awhile since we lasted visited Strahan one the highlights of our last trip was being told about and visiting the "Wall" gallery at Derwent Bridge.

Can only describe it as being absolutely stunning and well worth a visit. http://www.thewalltasmania.com/.

Also doing a trip on the ferry on Lake St Clair was another pleasant memory from that trip. lakestclairlodge.com.au/about-lake-st-clair/…

I have a lot of memories about our trips to Tassie and hope to go back there again.

Safe travels.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
84 posts
61 reviews
10. Re: Strahan house

Famrick

I definitely think the cruise as kids can move around a lot which they can't on train

We drove past the wall. Probably should have stopped there