We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cradle Mountain Accommodation

Oz
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Cradle Mountain Accommodation

Hi,

I'm considering staying at Cradle Mountain Lodge in November this year for my wife's birthday and have a couple of questions for the local experts:

How busy is the lodge likely to be at this time of the year?

I guess what I'm really asking is should I book early and pay the premium or wait until closer to the event in the hope of gaining cheaper accommodation?

Thanks in advance.

South Pacific
Destination Expert
for Hobart, Tasmania
Level Contributor
26,706 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cradle Mountain Accommodation

In my opinion the Lodge is the best accommodation in the group of places just outside the gate, so it's always in demand. It certainly has the best restaurant and bistro.

The tourist season starts around the end of September and will be in full swing by the end of December.

I think you can afford to take a little bit of risk and keep an eye on prices on wotif, but you run the risk of missing out. :(

And prices are never low at Cradle just because of its remoteness.

And that's about everything I would take into consideration. To be honest, I would book as soon as you are certain of your dates. :)

Luigi

Oz
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cradle Mountain Accommodation

Hi Luigi,

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Edited: 4:24 pm, July 12, 2011
3. Re: Cradle Mountain Accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Cradle Mountain-Lake...