We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kids Rates for Meals aroound Yelapa

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Nebraska
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Kids Rates for Meals aroound Yelapa

I have been entertaining the thought of taking my 2 boys, under 10 for a break to Yelapa. Have studied several locations for lodging. My question is. As we all know kidsand their occasional food habits. What is the common rate in dollars for meals around Yelapa and is it a place where there is enough variety to keep the kids bellies full at a reasonable price? Not that they are after hamburgers and Pizza but is it a place to take them period?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thankyou.

Granite Bay, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kids Rates for Meals aroound Yelapa

Yelapa is very small and very remote. It is basically a SMALL beach with a few hut-style restaurants. I don't remember anywhere where there was an indoor restaurant with four walls. No pizza, no hamburgers to my knowledge. I think Yelapa is fine for a visit to hike to the waterfall, and maybe stay one night, but I can't express enough how remote it actually is. The last time I was there was two years ago. If things have changed, someone let me know.

ashland oregon
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Kids Rates for Meals aroound Yelapa

we have been to yelapa and plan to spend 2 weeks in yelapa and sayulita (north of P.V.) with our two sons 5 and 7. Definately take a panga from boca de tomatlan ( a beautiful little bay) to yelapa and rent a palapa. there are many things for you to explore with your children hikes to the waterfalls for a jungle swim. explore the village share friut smoothies and ice cream..

eat at tatianna's very good prices and excellent food breafast frest friuts granola potatoes eggs dinner fresh chicken filled with local cheese and herbs yummy soups and homemade mango and starfruit ice cream mmmmmm i can't wait to go back tatianna has a web site casa namaste and art gallery.. the boat ride to yelapa will be a wonderful memory for your children and the connection your children form with the local children as they learn that we all speak a universal language is priceless.. a vacation without t.v. will leave you feeling fit and rejuvenated. the local people are so freiendly and you can take spanish lessons with you children for little money. we leave on mar 16 -29 i'll let you know the activities that our children enjoy......

i hope you visit yelapa and make friends that last a lifetime as we have...oh, yeah also eat at pollo bollo - eating in the village is cheaper than on the beach . and shopping at the tienda and cooking in your palapa some fresh fish salsa rice avocado is very affordable. yelapa is one of the most affordable family vacations as life is simple and there are small choices......

Mission Viejo...
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kids Rates for Meals aroound Yelapa

I am planning to go to Yelapa mid December with my wife and kids ages 15,17 and 12. We like adventure and try to stay away from big american style resort areas. Thats way Yelapa drew my attention. we love natue, ocean and hikes. this looks nice . am I correct? Do you nnow if theare are any indian villages nearby that one could hike to? What about mosquitoes? How bad are they? Do those bed nets really work? Thanks for a reply.

maure

Fairfield...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kids Rates for Meals aroound Yelapa

Hola Maure,

I don't like "tourista" places either and I fell in love with Yelapa because it is NOT that type of place. (Read the other posts on this site about Yelapa to find out what they have to offer) or go to palapainyelapa.com or Yelapa.info on the web. Both of these sites will give you an idea of what it's like. As for hiking to Indian villages, there is nothing close by, but a couple of places can be accessed with a guide. El Tuito is 2+ hours away by boat and bus. Take a panga (boat) to Pizota and have the guide take you to the waterfall.

It didn't seem that flying critters (mosquitos) were a problem, it's more the crawly things that will "visit" your room. My roommate and I used the nets but I found it more of a bother than a help. Another person in our group never used the net and she was never bothered at night. A lot of houses are built "palapa" style, (thatched roofs with open areas at the ends) and no glass, just shutters, at the windows. The town is on the edge of the jungle and one has to expect bugs. I think your kids would have a ball. They won't even miss TV. Oh, and there is pizza at the Hotel Lagunita, it's open during the "high" season. Tiene un buen viaje! (Have a good trip!)

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Lagunita
Hotel Lagunita
365 Reviews
Yelapa, Mexico
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa