We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

If I'm taking a bus from Melaque and want to catch the panga from Boca de Tomatlan, will I need to go to PV and transfer buses? Or does the bus stop in Boca on the way to PV? Do the water taxis to Yelapa run as frequently from Boca de Tomatlan as they do from Puerto Vallarta? Is the pier at Los Muertos close to the bus terminal where the bus from Melaque would drop me?

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Calgary
Level Contributor
374 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

No you don't need to go to PV if you want to catch the water taxi from Boca de Tomatlan. Just ask the driver to let you off in Boca, it will save you probably about one hour and a few pesos as the water taxis from Boca should be 60 pesos(I think) rather than 120 pesos from PV. Also, the pier in PV has not been re-built as of yet, so it will be a beach lanch, possibly getting wet. Have fun in Yelapa it is a cool little town.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
50 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

Thanks, Tepalover!

Any suggestions on what part of Yelapa I might be happiest staying in? I like the idea of oceanfront...but not necessarily the main beach across the river. I'd rather be a short walk to the nightlife without being right next to a loud bar. Are more of the restaurants in the pueblo or on the beach?

Calgary
Level Contributor
374 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

Your pretty safe whereever you stay in Yelapa. The bars are actually restaurants and don't usually get that loud. We stayed at Casa Gracia and enjoyed our stay. We were right above the lagoon where it empties into the bay. The gate at the top/back of the property takes you directly onto the main road to town and the town restaurants(El Cerritos, Pollo Bollo, Tacos y Mas and more). The front of the property takes you to the rivermouth (easily crossable) and beyond to the beach restaurants, which are usually closed at night.

Sebastopol...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

I have some physical disabilities, due to a recent hip replacement and need to know if there is still a beach landing from the water taxi...plus if casa Garcia is easily gotten to...we might have the 3 bed, 2 bath place.

5. Re: Ferry from Boca de Tomatlan or Los Muertos, PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa