We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa and Puerto Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Yelapa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wangphoto
2 posts
Save Topic
Yelapa and Puerto Vallarta

We vacationed in yelapa last year. My wife and I loved it. Quiet, secluded and really friendly people. Accessible only by boat.

We stayed in a palapa it was really beautiful.

But our kids did not enjoy the palapa because of how open it was to the jungle and the bugs on their mosquito net in the middle of the night. They were 7 and 10 at the time. Too much Paul Theroux for them I guess.

I would recommend Yelapa highly for a family vacation but find a palapa closer to the beach, less bugs

Here's a link to some photos I took for our vacation there last year, hope it gives any future travelers some idea of what Yelapa is like:

lightstalkers.org/galleries/slideshow/21647

Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yelapa and Puerto Vallarta

great photos!

2. Re: Yelapa and Puerto Vallarta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 11, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa