Hi all. My husband and I are planning a trip to Yelapa for late October. We want to stay at Casa Pericos. Already I am not sleeping at night because I have so many concerns and questions that I can't get out of my mind!
We really want to do something adventurous and away from the normal atmosphere of resorts, BUT is Yelapa going to be too much too soon!?
here are my questions!
1) Is Casa Pericos (at The Point) a long haul from the restaurants, grocery store, etc? When we eat dinner in 'town' are we going to be able to easily get back to our casa in the dark? Do we have to wade through a river to accomplish this? I know there are lots of rocks in front of Casa Pericos..I'm concerned about traversing these at night.
2) Is it easy enough to navigate the trip from the airport to Yelapa upon arrival? Do we get groceries in PV before we get on the water taxi or once we get to Yelapa?
3) I am a vegetarian. Will I find restaurants/cafes that I can eat at?
4) Am I going to wake up each morning to a parade of snakes and ginormous spiders stomping and slithering across my face and body?! I can handle just about anything but spiders and snakes.
5) Will 7 days and 6 nights be too lengthy? I want to DO things - take tours, etc. in addition to lounging on the beach and relaxing. Any suggestions?
6) Late October - still rainy season or is weather ok? I read on another forum that they fumigate with pesticides in October - is this accurate?
Any other advice from prior Yelapa visitors would be much appreciated.
BTW - we are both in our EARLY 40's and are VERY fit. We want to be adventurous and are willing to try almost anything so if you know of whitewater rafting, waterfall rappelling, whatever - please advise!!