We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yelapa - are there a lot of people on day trips there?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Yelapa - are there a lot of people on day trips there?

I am planning a honeymoon to PV and Yelapa at the end of April and the beginning of May. We will be staying 5 nights in PV and 5 nights in Yelapa.

I am looking forward to both but the Yelapa part of the trip is to get away from the crowds. Should I be worried about the people who come on the day trips from PV? Do they crowd the beach and restaurants? If so is there a better little village to go to?

...not saying I want to be off the map completely, I do want a variety of places to eat and some activities to do and I enjoy meeting people and all... I just don't want to go to a crowded beach.

Any advise or comments? anyone?

Silverthorne...
Level Contributor
609 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yelapa - are there a lot of people on day trips there?

The day trippers are only there for a few hours and they typically get off the boat either by dingy to the beach or at the pier and walk through town to the beach. We spent a week in Yelapa in November (2 years ago) and while it was noticable when the tours got there, it wasn't a huge bombardment of people. Quite frankly it was fun people watching and also fun to know they were leaving and it would be quiet serene again when they left.

Yelapa is very tranquil and quiet. I would recommend taking a hike up river to avoid the crowds during that time of day, but I doubt it'll be a problem. Yelapa is very small and there is no hustle and bustle at any time of the day.

Make sure to bring a flash light/lantern for the evening, they lose power throughout town often. It's an adventure and funny, the restaurants and tiendas stay open, you just eat by candle light. I think it would be perfect for the 2nd half of a honeymoon.

Where are you staying?

Edited: 4:35 pm, November 24, 2009
Lake Jackson, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yelapa - are there a lot of people on day trips there?

Thanks for the info. We are going to stay at Mar y Sol. I just booked my flight and accommodations today after much research. I am very excited! I really appreciate you sharing your knowledge of the place with me (and all that read this).

3. Re: Yelapa - are there a lot of people on day trips there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Yelapa